Washingbaysheds for car storage on a budget

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Anto84

RMS Regular
I'm thinking of a Garage from washingbaysheds for car storage, seem good value, Has anyone here already got one from them and how do you rate the quality?

Any help advice or even a photo of yours would really help me make up my mind

Thanks

IMG_0533.PNG
IMG_0534.PNG
IMG_0535.PNG

Last edited:

Jason

RMS Regular
House im living in atm has a similar shed, insulated though with non drip roof, polished the wifes mini approx a month ago and its still sitting mint no dust!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Tonagh engineering in draperstown
A lot cheaper and great quality

We have one of their sheds, 20m x 40m for storing the cars in, great job for it!

We got it up in the middle of winter and put the cars in, with the intention of insulating when the better weather came in. Found that with the airflow through them, the cars were sitting drier than what they were in the insulated block garage! Haven't touched it since. Has the non drip roof etc.
Now covered in solar panels too which helps with the electric!

Also as they are classed as a temporary building, no planning permission is necessary which may be a benefit....

Last edited:

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Were kind of unsure if we can erect one of these
We have a long side garden ( endhouse which we own)
But if we were to erect a shed it would overtake the front of the house
Is that allowed or only planned permission sheds can't pass the front of the property?
Can upload a picture to show what I mean

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
My garage was built by H2 Engineering and I rate it really really highly.

Photos up in the 'show us your garage' thread. If you can't find them I'll link to it when I stop for a minute later on

Edit:

Here's the link:
RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

That's a great job.

I really want a garage built, but a proper block built job done to fit the style of my old house is likely to be about £15k, maybe more, so it'll have to wait!

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Were kind of unsure if we can erect one of these
We have a long side garden ( endhouse which we own)
But if we were to erect a shed it would overtake the front of the house
Is that allowed or only planned permission sheds can't pass the front of the property?
Can upload a picture to show what I mean

If it extends beyond the front you need planning

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Mine is 10ft x 20ft

Insulated walls and roof, red brick front, roller shutter door.

PVC side door with double glazed window in it and another double glazed window at the rear.

They will fit sockets and lights (but I had my friends company do it instead) and it was like £5500 or slightly less all in.

Less than half the price of normal block and brick job.

I couldn't be happier with it.

Enron though it'll never be moving and its within boundaries etc and planning permission isn't needed, it's technically a temporary building so think they get their own special rules etc.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
There are still rules though. Dont think you're allowed them too close to a house etc and there is bound to be some sort of limit on size ?

Normally it's a flat concrete base and may be rules on how thick and if you were to do a sneaky and do a base with proper foundations for future use, that might be illegal.

Do I need Planing Permission for sheds

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I have a block garage
But got the 4m x 4m for a gym/shed

Mate got the 8m x 4m one
And know of a good other few who got garages from them
I'd be interested to see some pictures if you have any, I might be getting a "project" that I'll need somewhere to store. Can't be kicking the BMW out of the block garage lol.

Anto84

RMS Regular
OP
Anto84
Really appreciate the replies, seems these are quite good for cars then!

Hopefully get one ordered up once I work out what size I can go to

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
@NickR85 if your anywhere near Dungiven on your travels your more than welcome to have a look at them

I have a mate that got one from some outfit in omagh but it wasn't made from box section,made from a pressed steel and he's had nothing but bother with it,leaking and said there's movement in the shed that's causing it,they were to come back and fix it but not sure they ever did

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I need more space for storing the stuff that I can't get off my garage floor. I have a big single garage but why the builder never built a double garage in the first place I will never understand as there is space that's sort of wasted in my drive at the side of the site. I tarred it as originally the builder had it in grass, no one would have seen it and I would have to mow it!

I have messed around with the idea of spending £15000 to extend my garage which is a lot of money and a PITA that would last for months as the roof pitch goes long ways so I would only be left with leaving one wall untouched
I considered a second garage but it would look odd and still be about £7000
I have considered a metal shed but that means digging up my drive and putting in concrete
Now I am about to buy a wooden shed 4.3m X 2.4m or 14' x8' is £750.
Not sure I am doing the right thing.........................................

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
I need more space for storing the stuff that I can't get off my garage floor. I have a big single garage but why the builder never built a double garage in the first place I will never understand as there is space that's sort of wasted in my drive at the side of the site. I tarred it as originally the builder had it in grass, no one would have seen it and I would have to mow it!

I have messed around with the idea of spending £15000 to extend my garage which is a lot of money and a PITA that would last for months as the roof pitch goes long ways so I would only be left with leaving one wall untouched
I considered a second garage but it would look odd and still be about £7000
I have considered a metal shed but that means digging up my drive and putting in concrete
Now I am about to buy a wooden shed 4.3m X 2.4m or 14' x8' is £750.
Not sure I am doing the right thing.........................................

Just build a bit onto the side of your existing garage,that's what I did with mine,my extension was only 3m x 6m but holds a lot of crap and keeps it out of the main garage,then I just cut an opening through,think it all cost me around £1200

The wooden sheds are a waste of money imo
That's what I had before the steel one and it was rotten in 4/5 years

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.