Waxing after Polishing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Or as I was saying to Lyons t'other night on msn - a group buy on thai-brides.com for us singles on valentines day :worried: :p

Bronk

RMS Regular
:party:

Dimage610Medium.jpg

but as coan said..the top secret stuff is the best :cool:

" wax on ... wax off "

Martyn

RMS Regular
www.detailingworld.co.uk

Have a look on this site... Great info.

Some of the stuff is mailorder - but there are loads of discount codes when you register with the site.

I got Marc set up with a PC and pads + a few other bits and bobs. The difference in his car was amazing!

Stick a few pics up of your car in the condition it is at the moment and Icoud give you a little advice.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
To be honest I find standard Autoglym stuff fairly average. The Autoglym Bodyshop products are top notch however (especially the abrasive polish) I use Autoglym Supreme polish then a coat of Simoniz hard wax (£4 a tin) Haven't found anything better

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
After reading through the zaino website, i could be very tempted to buy, but my only problem is i dont think my paint is good enough! the mondeo is very orange peely, and using the best waxes and polish in the world aint gonna get rid of that!!!! Think i`ll stick with using the autoglym ultra gloss stuff for dark paints topped off with zymol carnuba wax for now. maybe someday down the line i`ll look at getting the car resprayed so the finish of the paint is worth polishing right!!!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
scrob said:
I'd probably electrocute meself.

Yeah I'm talking about the M3 dude, £80 is savage for a tub of polish, I thought £45 was bad for the Zymol! Have heard a lot of people mentioning this porter cable contraption lately, sounds very tempting that it dies off if you press too hard - will definately keep it in mind but right now I'm concentrating on getting the car paid off and replacing a few minor worn bits (window seals etc) to leave her 100% right :grinning:

that £80 is for:

Z2 or Z3 depending on paint - its a polish
Z7 - shampoo
Z8 - Grande Finale seal spray
Z-PC - paint cleaner/swirl remover

I wouldnt pay £80 for one tub!

IIRC lenny26 you were the first person i saw using zaino, on the R32. you put a post up about it on gti-club?

tha paint on that golf doesnt look nearly as deep or glossy as the paint on that 16-17 year old M3! :eek:

As i said before its all personal opinion anyway so if your satisfied with the results your getting with whatever your using then happy days (y)

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
lenny26 said:
I use swissol m8.... Its amazing stuff....

ahh yes i remember the name now.

thats a great forum you linked there lenny, what would be the main products those boys would recommend?

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Hmmm clear as mud now, too many opinions lol.

I have only started into the Autoglym stuff, so when its done ill try some others. But I could be tempted to try the Ultra Gloss stuff from Autoglym to see if its any better.

Once its used up I may try for something else.

If I look at the car now, its shining, but just not enough. Im happy with what the Autoglym does, it just needs a bit extra.

Ill have a read up on some of the products mentioned when i get home and see what I can find out.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
I used that 'Zymol' stuff a few weeks ago. For us avergae Joe's who just want the car to look smart it was only £10 and i was well impressed with results.

Martyn

RMS Regular
Best stuff to use:

Claybar - sonus green are great. (£10)

Polish - depending on paint damage - Poorboys 2.5 or Poorboys 2. (£13 each)

Glaze - Megs 80. (£16)

Sealant - Carlack, Poorboys EXP, or Megs #21. (£13 each)

Wax - Poorboys blue (£14), PS21(£19), Swissol concours(£130)

If you follow those steps and in that order the results will be brilliant.

Just pick one product from each list.

Suppliers can be found on the detailing world forum.

Dieselpowered

RMS Regular
Drives
Type R GT Champ
i got some turtle extreme wax and didnt think much of it, only did it on small pannel and got fed up. Seemed really hard to work in.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I have Car plan Green polish and chip stick... polish is fine... chip stick is absoloute ballicks.

Wasnt bad for 4 quid and 97p for polishing cloths from tescos!

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
When I bought the Clio I spent about a week looking into all the different stuff for looking after the paintwork

For diffeernt things it's best to have a mix-match of brands for a really good clean :grinning:
You have to try a bit of each at some point to get your own opinion of it;

I use a lot of the Meguiars range (retail and industrial)
AutoGlym stuff for the extra shine and a few Mer products too

I use a light polish every 4-6 months with the PC (Porter Cable) polisher then shampoo & apply a coat of wax about every fortnight in between.

I'm trying to give the car a full clean but the marvelous weather around here holds it back :relieved:
When/if I get the car done - I'll put up a list of what's used for what (y)

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
Tigger that would be very much appreciated :grinning:.. Cheers!

I just ordered some of the AutoGlym Exta Gloss Protection, that should keep me going while I still have the AutoGlym polishes etc...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i valeted cars part time from i was about 14 and done it near full time for 2 years, i found the best results where by using Neelson Gold Coat (think thats what it's called), then a coat of metallic polish think it's car plan) then i seal it all in with 2 coats of concept pure carnuaba wax and hey presto i have show and shine podium cars !

also used in the past, concept delta force (TFR), steam washer, good auto glym chamois, auto glym bumper care (green gel), and cheap silicone spray from karmania in ards james at carnology also doe sthe same silicone spray and it's great for engine detailing and black bits but always do the silicone before applying the final coat of wax and i also done the windows with the metallic polish on the outside bar windscreenand it gave the best results. for the windcreenand inside glass i used ordinary house hold glass cleaner and blue roll for regular cleaning best reults and if bad concept glass cleaner (green liquid) but all polish / wax etc should be applied with a damp cloth !

hope this helps and bit and my secrets of the black KA bumpers will never be revealed as many a person asked but i know ryan 16v KA knows some of the KA bumper secrets ;)

for off the shelf products the only auto glym i use would be bumper care and tar & glue remover ! and stokinette is the only thing i use to apply polish though i use applicator pad for the wax abd use them microfibre cloths to take any polish / wax off and these can be got in yer local supermarket for next to nout instead of paying £12 for the likes of meguirs / auto glym ones as they ar all the same and must be pure cotton

Bingham

RMS Regular
meguires is by far the best stuff to use autoglym is ok but i wasnt impressed.

meguires 3 step gives the best results.

polish shines the car,wax protects it(y)

Coan

RMS Regular
everyone to there own product then, i wouldnt say im arse about tit because i dont think that would make me bring home show and shine trophies!;) also considering i valet a dozen or so cars a week since i was no age would make me think i have a fair idea:p autoglym if far from crap, it has very well established itself over years. ive yet to see top valeting places with big "meguires" signs up cus all i seem to see is autoglym,so what does that tell ya... everyone to own. ive my secrets up my sleve but thats what makes people wonder..flat out lads with the polish out..(y)

bludgod

RMS Regular
Drives
STI
each to their own exacrtly, I find the maguires NXT generation stuph does a stonking job on the ladies ka. yet its useless on my starlet or CRX :worried: but then again, nothing seems to work on white and i've tried a few different brands now!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
get it buffed with G3 and a proper buffer then a couple of coats of polish then a few coats of wax should work

the mate done his nova that way 2 weeks ago and it came up fantastic i have to say !

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
personally i use presta ultra gloss machine polish, applied with a d/a buffer twice a year. before polishing the paint is cleaned with swissol cleaner fluid to remove the old wax, tar and other paint contaminants. then a coat of swissol saphir wax once a month. best finish you will get, and i've tried everything.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.