Weird beeping noise under bonnet from Golf MK 7 GTI

daz8161

RMS Regular
Wondering if anyone here would be able to help or explain why my 2017 GTI beeps under the bonnet. Tried pinpointing where the noise comes from but cant seem to locate it. It happens after I go for a drive and when the ignition is turned off and key is out. I tried taking a video hopefully its clear enough...

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Wondering if anyone here would be able to help or explain why my 2017 GTI beeps under the bonnet. Tried pinpointing where the noise comes from but cant seem to locate it. It happens after I go for a drive and when the ignition is turned off and key is out. I tried taking a video hopefully its clear enough...

My old MK7 R did exactly the same..never investigated it..

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
That is the throttle body. They do sort of move about when you turn the car off but only for a second or 2. Being honest I don’t know the reasoning behind it, maybe carrying out a basic setting for the cars next start. N/A Polos are quite loud for it.

daz8161

RMS Regular
OP
daz8161
Ah ok no cancel the bomb squad then? Its very strange, does it for about 3 or 4 minutes.

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
Mine does the same thing. Was worried whenever I first heard it, but then all my previous cars always made some form of ticking or faint beeping whenever the engine was switched off so assumed it was just sensors recalibrating and forget about it. Only ever hear it whenever I’m coming home late at night and it’s quiet.

daz8161

RMS Regular
OP
daz8161
Thanks guys. I've been noticing another strange noise when driving the car too it sounds like a loud plastic click or ping every so often from the dash. Its very loud and quite noticeable.

My cars a mk 7.5 with a digital dash and my old mk 7 analog dash didnt do it.

Have any of you guys had this issue before?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Mine does the same thing. Was worried whenever I first heard it, but then all my previous cars always made some form of ticking or faint beeping whenever the engine was switched off so assumed it was just sensors recalibrating and forget about it. Only ever hear it whenever I’m coming home late at night and it’s quiet.
I noticed it on the GTI and the 7.5R when I had them. Never thought much of it since they both done it 🤣

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Thanks guys. I've been noticing another strange noise when driving the car too it sounds like a loud plastic click or ping every so often from the dash. Its very loud and quite noticeable.

My cars a mk 7.5 with a digital dash and my old mk 7 analog dash didnt do it.

Have any of you guys had this issue before?

my 7.5 didn’t do that with the dash and my Tiguan has a digital dash also and doesn’t make any noises.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
The throttle plate is finding home, as it never fully closes whem the engine is running the only time to self calibrate is whem switched off.

daz8161

RMS Regular
OP
daz8161
my 7.5 didn’t do that with the dash and my Tiguan has a digital dash also and doesn’t make any noises.

Dammit I have no idea what's causing it. Sounds quite loud but is very intermittent and doesnt happen over bumps or steering.

Al11

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra
Have had two cars with the EA888 gen 3 engine - both made this beeping noise that you hear

markmeus

RMS Regular
My Cupra made all sorts of beeps and high pitched whines from the engine bay when the ignition was on, it sounded like the fryers beeping in a McDonalds

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Dammit I have no idea what's causing it. Sounds quite loud but is very intermittent and doesnt happen over bumps or steering.

By any chance does it stop or change when you turn air vent temperature up/down. My Skoda superb does this and sounds like what is happening with yours. Really annoying and noticeable

daz8161

RMS Regular
OP
daz8161
By any chance does it stop or change when you turn air vent temperature up/down. My Skoda superb does this and sounds like what is happening with yours. Really annoying and noticeable

Ive played about with the heating controls and vent flaps but doesn't seem to stop the random pinging noise whilst driving. This very annyoing because it doesnt seem to be caused by road bumps or any loose trim....

NMN

RMS Regular
Drives
Bmw
I had a strange noise in my Mk7, drove me nuts. Couldn’t figure where is was coming from for ages. Ended up being the steel frame around the airbag under the steering wheel. Slight tweak with hand and fine now.

daz8161

RMS Regular
OP
daz8161
See post #11

Sorry does this relate to the clicking noise which seems like its coming from within the dash when the car is being driven?

Understand that the beeping noise is the throttle body but surely that couldn't be causing the funny intermittent click/ping noise?

Definitely something I didnt have with the MK7 analog dash.