Westfield Wide Body Turbo

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Ok so this is getting hilarious now…..

I bought another car, which changes the plans for everything else quite a bit…..

5B4D9AF7-A941-453F-B77D-5570BFB74EA7.jpeg

It’s an MNR Vortx, CBR1000rr engine and built from day 1 with the intentions of being a race car! So it’s set up, race proven and ready to go. It’s got paddle shifters, one seat, 175bhp at the rear wheels (200ish bhp at the crank) and at only 440kg, it will be no slouch!

No messing about required (although that’s not going to stop me), jump in and go!

The car won the HSA Class D sprint championship in 2019 and 2021 at the hands of the old school engineer who built it.

With CSR arches on the rear as well, it’s a bit of an odd look. However, The guy who built the car tells me that upon back to back testing, the smaller arches on the rear allowed for a 3mph increase in flat out speed due to less drag! I said “f**k the 3mph, I’ll be having the proper arches on the rear, thanks” lol.

So that’s that - the new (cheapie) westfield which is due to be delivered tomorrow, is getting dickied up and sold on. This new car will be collected over the next couple of weeks (when I get some time off to grab it) and I’ll probably get the turbo car finished and sold soon too!

Racing will be my priority next year so best I reduce my focus to just one car and I’ll probably re-line the pocket with some funds!

Promise, no more new cars!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around

I bought another car, which changes the plans for everything else quite a bit…..

View attachment 340038

It’s an MNR Vortx, CBR1000rr engine and built from day 1 with the intentions of being a race car! So it’s set up, race proven and ready to go. It’s got paddle shifters, one seat, 175bhp at the rear wheels (200ish bhp at the crank) and at only 440kg, it will be no slouch!

No messing about required (although that’s not going to stop me), jump in and go!

The car won the HSA Class D sprint championship in 2019 and 2021 at the hands of the old school engineer who built it.

With CSR arches on the rear as well, it’s a bit of an odd look. However, The guy who built the car tells me that upon back to back testing, the smaller arches on the rear allowed for a 3mph increase in flat out speed due to less drag! I said “f**k the 3mph, I’ll be having the proper arches on the rear, thanks” lol.

So that’s that - the new (cheapie) westfield which is due to be delivered tomorrow, is getting dickied up and sold on. This new car will be collected over the next couple of weeks (when I get some time off to grab it) and I’ll probably get the turbo car finished and sold soon too!

Racing will be my priority next year so best I reduce my focus to just one car and I’ll probably re-line the pocket with some funds!

Promise, no more new cars!
3 Westfield's now 🤣

Well ones an MNR, technicality

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Saw that for sale and thought the rear arches looked a bit odd! He must have managed to get another load of kgs out of it since he advertised it though 🤪

You’ll love the racing and good idea to buy a proven car!

Must be something in the water at the minute, thinking of shifting mine on too.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000

View attachment 340038

🤣 Love your optimism, I don't believe saving money and racing belong in the same sentence

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
So I spent today tidying the ugly duckling…

Before:
F078FE25-84B8-47F4-9288-F38CE962BBBE.jpeg

After:

I had some carbon seconds lying about so set them on to see what they’d look like.

Sort of reminds me of a battered old war plane. I kinda like it! Lol

0137B9FB-87F9-4324-A0B8-C8970B3F2EB0.jpeg

Attachments

• E51F56CC-2CAB-4EAB-9E0C-2251CA5B9FBF.jpeg
    E51F56CC-2CAB-4EAB-9E0C-2251CA5B9FBF.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 41

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
...................... 3 toy cars now........ you breeding them !!!

MNR will be a hoot, and you will have a BLAST racing with the NI sevens.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
...................... 3 toy cars now........ you breeding them !!!

MNR will be a hoot, and you will have a BLAST racing with the NI sevens.

Yeah, why have one when you can have two three!? Lol.

Nah in all seriousness, both Westfields are probably going to be sold and I’ll just have the MNR for racing.

Will prob buy something tasty for all-weather road thrashing though!

Cant wait to get started into the NI7s!!!
Not a bad wee price if someone wanted to drop a modern/bike engine into it.

Exactly, £6k for a road legal westie and fire a bike engine into it for some sub-£8k, sequential gearboxed awesomeness!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Started into building the Westfield engine again today.

Got the bearings and crank etc in, piston rings gapped and the rods connected to the pistons. A few smashed fingertips later, I decided to go home….will finish another day!

1B500B26-219C-44A1-8CC9-72A235A97711.jpeg

55F0975C-FCF8-4214-A26F-17E0931B462C.jpeg

39779167-F517-4E29-B3F0-4F5B89BE3386.jpeg

7F77482D-F8F1-41CA-906A-D235729E208E.jpeg