Wet Sanding

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

brisa

RMS Regular
Drives
eunos roadster \
I have quite a few unsightly scrapes on the car and tackled a few with touch up and 2000 grit w&d paper. Wasn't too bad but left a few more scratches than I would have hoped for before polishing. All out now but was hard work by hand!

Well there is at least 1 more per panel so I need to find something less scratchy! It seems to be Meguairs Unigrip is the stuff but does anyone on our shores stock this? 3000 grit maybe?

Cheers

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
Maybe if you tried using a bit of G3 cutting compound on it before polishing and waxing it would be easier? Be careful though - there is a LOT of cut in G3!!

Jamesy

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
You can get glass paper in 3000 grit. As said above G3 is good stuff, but very coarse. Another good product is Autoglym bodyshop extra abrasive, but use with caution!

brisa

RMS Regular
OP
brisa
Drives
eunos roadster \
The paper I used was just a bit harsh and too far to much polisahing to get out. I don't want to be using anything to course on the polishing side . Just looking to flaten the touch up out with the w&d then polish the matt finish left.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What about touching scratches up, and then using the above combination of treatment? I have a few scratches which i reckon are too deep for the PC. Obviously if paint is applied from a touch up pen it will end up sitting higher than the rest of the surface, but but a bit of sanding remove this, this leaving it flush with the rest of said panel?

Baz C assures me this would work, but id like some more folk to confirm it!

Also dont think i could bring myself to take sandpaper to the car!

Martyn

RMS Regular
It will deffo work lyons.... Just takes a bit of time...

The last car I did like this the touch up paint was the wrong shade and it still looked ok from a distance.......

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Oh, so you can do this too if that super duper gloss doesnt do the trick?

Martyn

RMS Regular
can do........... But it will take time to build the paint up and let it dry.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.