What bike adventure/tourer type

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stuarty7

RMS Regular
Drives
accord type s
Going to be on the hunt soon for a slightly more modern bike as at the moment I can't go on any off our groups bike trips. I currently only have classics and only really want something more modern for these trips and quite like adventure style. My budget I'm thinking no more than £1300 as this will only be a few times a year.

Bikes I had in mind so far
Honda transalp
Triumph tiger 900
Yamaha xtz super tenere

I'm sure there's others I can't think off so open to other options you can recommend or a bike you would recommend around that budget.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Maybe a BMW 650cs or even a 650gs.
Suzuki DR range.
Honda dominator.
Kawasaki KLE

Not an adventure, but I'd consider an old Yamaha Fazer too.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Some good ideas there what are the bmw 650 gs like???

Never ridden one but I remember thinking about when I used to read Bike magazine regularly around mid 2000s. There was a well known journalist Dan Walsh (who was a fantastic writer) and he rode a 650gs Dakar around South America for a year or two. It sounded good to me because it was light, comfy and easy to maintain and had a reputation for low fuel consumption. He just used soft bags, rather than boxes for luggage. Great for dirt roads and B roads but a bit of a drag on motorways.
The 650CS would be cheaper but not as desirable.
Another one I forgot about is the Aprillia pegaso.

Personally I'd fancy a Yamaha xtz / tenere.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I'd a 2nd gen TDM850, put over 20,000 miles on it and even toured around Europe and loved it. Heavy oil drinker, but great all rounder. Must be cheap bikes now.

johnm

RMS Regular
Brother had a Yam 900 divvy that he absolutely loved. Toured Europe on it and would still have it....if it hadn't of been stolen.
He went through a couple before getting a 600, then jumping to the 900 and sticking with it.

NotKG

Banned
this time of year, i'd save over the winter and work on a bigger budget. what your looking for in that price range would be rubbish.
my bike is 21 years old, still worth a lot more than your thinking of spending.

stuarty7

RMS Regular
OP
stuarty7
Drives
accord type s
Yea thinking I might just save up a bit more and aim for a xtz 750 super tenere meant to be a great bike and look class.

Seen this on eBay would love this graphics make it look a lot newer than what they are

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
super tens and TDM donkeys are more or less the same. i had a mate years ago put 150k on a super ten and it never let him down, the gearboxs are like a bag of spanners but they dont break. its just yamaha gearboxes at the time where sloppy.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.