What Car???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

james_04_ire

Drives
mk4 astra
a family member of mine has around 6-7 grand to spend on a car. but there is a catch. he wants a machine, with serious speed. hes thinking of a mitsubishi glant 3.0 V6. so i was just wondering if anyone had any sugestion. cheers.

Matt123

RMS Regular
mitsi didnt do a galant with a 3 litre v6 as far as i know. they had the 2.5 v6 and then the vr4 which was the 2.5 v6 with twin turbos(correct me if im wrong peeps). what about a scooby, the second hand market for those is saturated so there are plenty of cheap ones about

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
If you want a car with serious speed don't waste your time with a VR4 Galant. A mate of mine had an ex-law VR4 and it was most dissappointing. I'd go with an M3/tuned 200sx/agree on the coupe/a bit more would get you an R32 GTR skyline - all depends on insurance too. M3 is probably the wise man's choice.

Andy

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
M3 3.0s everytime.

6-7k should get one with a good history, leather and under 90k miles.

Try and avoid cheap 3.2s unless you have money for VANOS changes or it has been done recently.

james_04_ire

OP
james_04_ire
Drives
mk4 astra
i here there is a skyline for sale at car toys!! so im awaiting word from him about it. and no insurance is nothing to him.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.