What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Gemma

RMS Regular
@Ben as much as i would love too i cant until i get tarmac down plus ive ramps in and out of my street and i cant be arsed with a wrecked front bumper so i might have to go down the air route 😂 as it is a pure bus at this height but its being put off the road here in 2 weeks anyway for winter so ill sort it next year ❤️

MarkM

RMS Regular
@Ben as much as i would love too i cant until i get tarmac down plus ive ramps in and out of my street and i cant be arsed with a wrecked front bumper so i might have to go down the air route 😂 as it is a pure bus at this height but its being put off the road here in 2 weeks anyway for winter so ill sort it next year ❤️

In 2 weeks! For winter! 8o|

Gemma

RMS Regular
Yea, will see how the weather goes but it usually starts turning dung so may as well stick her away and wack a trickle charger on her. I did wait 9months on her being brought home so i can wait another couple months to next summer ❤️

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Gave it a wash

20210907_183240.jpg

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
out of curiousty. god this sounds awful even asking, where abouts do you live? the reason i ask is i am part of the process to get roads adopted to enable tarmac to be laid. Your development could be currently sitting in my to do list.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
out of curiousty. god this sounds awful even asking, where abouts do you live? the reason i ask is i am part of the process to get roads adopted to enable tarmac to be laid. Your development could be currently sitting in my to do list.
Could you stick my street on. Brown envelope in it for you 😂

I don’t live in a new development. The patchwork of poor repairs is displeasing on the eye

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Could you stick my street on. Brown envelope in it for you 😂

I don’t live in a new development. The patchwork of poor repairs is displeasing on the eye
The patchwork that utility companies leave behind is a complete joke. The state of our development is mad, and any time the potholes are repaired they are done on the cheap and end up worse again in a short space of time.

I honestly hate driving in and out for the state of it and going out for a cycle is taking your life in your hands getting out of the estate

Reactions: PDK

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
The patchwork that utility companies leave behind is a complete joke. The state of our development is mad, and any time the potholes are repaired they are done on the cheap and end up worse again in a short space of time.

I honestly hate driving in and out for the state of it and going out for a cycle is taking your life in your hands getting out of the estate
Every time I report one I say just repair a bigger section and do it right first time. But they never do.

I had to pay to get the path outside my
House re done. The wife’s car was catching on the raised areas when getting into our driveway that utility companies had left behind. Had to apply to the council and give them £200 deposit as well as pay a private company to complete the work.

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Every time I report one I say just repair a bigger section and do it right first time. But they never do.

House re done. The wife’s car was catching on the raised areas when getting into our driveway that utility companies had left behind. Had to apply to the council and give them £200 deposit as well as pay a private company to complete the work.

All reinstatements need to be conducted to a certain standard, compaction of the fill and number of passes are based on the equipment used, there is guidance documents for this and these companies know it. A wacker plate that they typically use should have 12 passes back and forth to ensure optimum compaction has occured. Another issue is we no longer use the same final surfacing material that roads used to be made from so you will notice a variability in quality.

You can pm me your development and i can let you know if it is one of mine.

Im not sure why you had to pay anything at all, reinstatement works are critical the utility company does not own the asset (footpath) they only own their equipment within it. They are responsible for ensuring the finished surface after works are done is to the same quality as before or better.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
We only moved to our estate last October, and there is a noticeable difference in the state of the potholes since then. There was a reasonably bad area of it when we moved here, but it's actually ridiculous now.

Would love to know if there's anything I can do or report other than the potholes themselves which as I said are usually badly repaired

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
All reinstatements need to be conducted to a certain standard, compaction of the fill and number of passes are based on the equipment used, there is guidance documents for this and these companies know it. A wacker plate that they typically use should have 12 passes back and forth to ensure optimum compaction has occured. Another issue is we no longer use the same final surfacing material that roads used to be made from so you will notice a variability in quality.

You can pm me your development and i can let you know if it is one of mine.

Im not sure why you had to pay anything at all, reinstatement works are critical the utility company does not own the asset (footpath) they only own their equipment within it. They are responsible for ensuring the finished surface after works are done is to the same quality as before or better.
I had the council out, agreed the path was a mess but they couldn’t fix it due to budget this was back Sept 19. Best they could do is issue a permit for me to fix at my own cost.

I just went ahead and didn’t want the car left on the street. I will PM you. Thanks

Gemma

RMS Regular
@KIbby96 hey, no, i dont live in a new housing development. These houses were built in the 60s and the roads are perfect etc its just as we live on a sorta sloped carpark my garage is higher up than my neighbours and its just that left hand side has a drop down but then there's also a manhole cover as well so don't even know if i can get tarmac put down
IMG_20210908_123753.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
They did this near where I live after small patching for years. Except they did 3 massive patches with an 8" gap between so we've now got like the opposite of a speed bump now where the old tar meets the new

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
We only moved to our estate last October, and there is a noticeable difference in the state of the potholes since then. There was a reasonably bad area of it when we moved here, but it's actually ridiculous now.

Would love to know if there's anything I can do or report other than the potholes themselves which as I said are usually badly repaired
Round my way , say there's 10 holes all right beside each other. Two of them could be 2 inches deep and the other eight are 1 inch deep. They only fill the 2 inch deep ones as it meets their criteria. Even though they're there with the stuff, and it would be a matter of weeks before the rest become 2 inch deep.
There was actually one that was about 2 ft round, one wee bit was 2 inch deep but the rest was 1 inch. They literally only filled the bit that was 2 inch deep.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
They were out repairing holes at the entrance to my estate. I went out in the car as they were packing up and on my return 1/2 an hour later the repairs had already failed and were breaking up. It’s not even a high traffic area it’s and estate of less than 200 houses and a dead end.

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
@KIbby96 hey, no, i dont live in a new housing development. These houses were built in the 60s and the roads are perfect etc its just as we live on a sorta sloped carpark my garage is higher up than my neighbours and its just that left hand side has a drop down but then there's also a manhole cover as well so don't even know if i can get tarmac put down View attachment 334740
They can lift the manhole and relay on the raised surface. resurfacing your driveway will be straight forward, you could also use some raised kerbs between you and your neighbour if you wanted to raise levels even further.

I believe a man in another country went round drawing valic shapes around the potholes, that got them fixed.

I would keep the pressure on them asking them is it not their responsibility to maintain their asset.
Are these estates adopted by the Road Service yet or still managed by the builders?
Any development in Northern Ireland with over 5 residential units SHOULD be adopted by DfI Roads through a process.

But as @pizza85 has said, adoption doesnt always = maintenance.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Our Golf was a mess, hadn’t been touched since Early July 😢
Started at 12:30 and just finished
Wash
De tarred
Very speedy polish and wax

I maintain I hate doing this stuff now, washing is ok but polishing is a no no for me🤦‍♂️
593CE54E-8917-4B16-B291-51635BB86ACA.jpeg

EEAD96DD-8826-43DC-AC18-11CE68E58EB7.jpeg

E2E07031-62A8-47D0-9DB8-E3E36A4B1B29.jpeg

822897E2-0244-472C-ACD0-BCB6DE131EC1.jpeg

A68800CB-EE80-4171-A6AA-A25A040D2680.jpeg