What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Yesterday I washed and hoovered the golf in prep for MOT today, and it was in a very sorry state. Also washed and hoovered the discovery but no picture.

Both the focus and golf had MOT this morning, both passed without issues, but the golf did decide to pick up a puncture on the way home, and the full size spare in the boot has the wrong stud size 🤦‍♂️ also owned the focus 6 years last week so took it a quick blast MOT celebrate, and still love it
0FF6818C-DEE3-42EA-B284-4D9DD0F4A398.jpeg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Car turn 140k last week and was only few 100 miles from being due a service so between yesterday evening and tonight I give it a service and dropped the sump to check and clean the oil pipe up gauze which was thankfully near enough as clean as you’ll get. Washed the sump out with thinners so was spotless. Refitted all last night and left the engine sit till today for the instant gasket to cure before filling with oil and starting. Also changed the driveshaft seal that I damaged last time I had it out, new gearbox oil. Replaced the spark plugs and clean the cone filter and also the MAF.

BAD0F858-31CE-4CA5-94CE-E403B1B63031.jpeg

Best way to blow the crap out of the filter, wasn’t that long since it was properly cleaned and oiled so just needed blown out.

6AE78717-69F2-4505-AEA8-AA06DA5520E0.jpeg

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Took the big cat for a blast after getting my gnashers sorted.
M5 was quiet between the roundabout and M2 merge - so gave it the beans for a bit.

Forget how quick this sodding thing is after driving the 2.0D A4 for a bit!

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Left it to Creevy Autos to have all the niggly things sorted. Just want them fixed, get it home, cleaned and into the garage and wait for the 1st bit of sunshine next year.

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Checked forecast yesterday evening for today and said it was to be dry so articulated the car last night, rinsed and blow dried.....rains all morning :mad:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Welcome to Land Rover maintenance!
Well, yeah but the Design For Maintainability team were obvs not invited to contribute. Jay and indeed sus. Took me pretty much all day to get it done, had to run over to Wilsons for a crank handled ratchet spanner as that was the only thing that would fit between the FWD diff mounting bolts and the heatshield. Probably didn't help that I was doing this on my back with it up as far as it could go on axle stands with a still frigged shoulder. 🤷‍♂️

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Had full hopes of washing both cars today - but not with the cats and dogs still falling out the sky.