What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Got this mighty wagon ready for the road for my son. Needs sills and a bit of bodywork here and there but it's good to go.

Screenshot_20230401_224622_edit_843705982644694.jpg

G24NTR

RMS Regular
Flip, first bad review I’ve heard of the 4 or 4S!

I had the PS4 on my 220d and thought they were great year round, PS4S on M4 I wasn't overly impressed, been caught out a few times on dry coldish days with them after the tyres had been reasonibly warmed up. Warm day and warm tyre PS4S are great, but for usual NI weather SC7 are far superior.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Have them on my cars, great tyre, make sure of setup to get the best of them.

NoGrip

RMS Regular
Drives
the wife mad
Spent most of my day on my back staring up at this rusty wee p***k. It's the last nut I needed to remove from the sway bar and it got stuck half way. The stud it's attached to decided it wanted to be free and decided to spin from now on. The back of the stud is flat and round, so even if I could get a spanner in, there would be nothing to grip. Tried cutting a slot to hold it in place with a screwdriver but that only lasted so long.

I had enough clearance to get the new eccentric lockout bolt installed I cracked on with things, but couldn't tighten up the sway bar or remove it at this point. The car isn't on the road at the moment so just to get it finished up, I cut slice out of a big washer and knocked it in between the mounting point and the nut to tighten it up. I've ordered a nut splitting kit and some other stuff for attempting to get it off during the week, hopefully saves me from dropping the subframe. Though saying that I'll be dropping the subframe in summer to tackle some of the surface rust around the rear.

View attachment 392186
Drill once or twice into into the side of the nut/flange and then split with a cold chisel.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Carryduff are great. I've used them a few times recently and there's no messing about. They sort you out there & then too.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Aye, I offered to leave them the car when in the office getting sorted, they already had 2 tyres done by that point. Was in and out in 15 minutes.

Gave me the choice of valve size, black wheel weights, would happily go back.

Sadly, you kind of get used to teeth sucking and things taking ages. I dropped in with the TT to another place just near the MOT centre for an alignment and the guy laughed - “be 3 weeks at least mate”. Dropped into Carryduff in the off chance and they had me sorted and back on the road within half an hour. And a good job it was too!

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Finally I have a full brake upgrade for the 4 series.
Along with braided hoses and new fluid.
Just need to get it all stuck on now!

Alot of F series BMWs you see have Blue calipers, these are the M Sport Caliper upgrade.
That got you larger calipers all round and flat larger plain discs 370mm front, 345 rear.

There was another more expensive option to have an M Performance brake upgrade, essentially the same calipers but in a run of 3 different colours, different pad compound and also with slotted and dimpled rotors.

Colour options....
BMW-M-Performance-Brake-Kit-F22-F3X-colors.jpg

Can't wait to get rid of the current teeny poverty spec brakes.
Fronts will go from 330 to 370mm and Rears 300 to 345mm🙂

20230407_163924.jpg

20230407_164530.jpg

Last edited:

eamon343

RMS Regular
Sadly, you kind of get used to teeth sucking and things taking ages. I dropped in with the TT to another place just near the MOT centre for an alignment and the guy laughed - “be 3 weeks at least mate”. Dropped into Carryduff in the off chance and they had me sorted and back on the road within half an hour. And a good job it was too!

I called into modern tyres on boucher to get the alignment checked on my old E30 years ago. Young guy sitting there with his feet up, not another person or car about for miles. He looked at it and said I'd need to leave it with him for a few hours. Aye, sure