What is Lanes Rallying

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Snow

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
I've heard about this thing called Lane rallying. Apparently it's meant to be cheap to do. Can anyone tell me the craic about it?

Cheers

peespeed

RMS Regular
Have a read through this thread http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/lanes-targa-rallies-2013.152478/ should be a fair amount of useful info in there

In brief they are events for road going cars on private farm lanes, yard, car parks etc where you try and go as quick as you can over the 20 or so various tests. Organising clubs will use chicanes, maneuvers around cones/pylons, stop boxes or stop and collects to slow you down as the tests are set to an average speed of 30mph. Car must be road worthy, taxed n tested, you can apply for insurance cover per event from the organisers of each event. Most of the events are Clubman events, no comp licence required, so you have to join the club on the day. Entries range from £70 to £100

Snow

RMS Regular
OP
Snow
Drives
Sierra
Cheers for the info, exactly what I was after. At least I know the craic now. ;)

I'll take a wee read through that link too.

Thanks

Snow

RMS Regular
OP
Snow
Drives
Sierra
Just looking info on it at the min, seems that there is a good slap of MX-5's taking part from reading one of the posts. What are you selling?

Snow

RMS Regular
OP
Snow
Drives
Sierra
That little 205 isn't sitting in Limavady by any chance? Drove past one for sale today with a cage fitted to it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.