What should i do...

What do you think

• Keep vtr standard and hold out until im 21 (next march)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Modify the engine of the VTR (manifold, cam etc)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Buy a Pug 106 GTI for some summer fun!

Votes: 22 88.0%

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Was thinking a while back of changing the vtr and getting a civic 1.5 vtec, after discussing this on here i decided against the idea. But recently i have been looking at the 106 GTI, can get a decent insurance qoute on them and they faster than the vtr and also better interior.lol

So need everyones thoughts...all Comments and advice welcome

CHRIS

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
if you have a decent quote and can afford both the car and insurance - why not?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
True true ... any one ever had a gti could tell me what they like, reliability etc

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
be the same as a vts i would think.

speak to the likes of Bronk, Jas Lad, creambeast, Peter?, etc

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
think i can see where this is going! lol...wouldnt mind a change even for a year...checked autotrader n pistonheads etc... any other websites anyone could recomend

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
at one stage yea, but not anymore i think

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
His is a clean one mate...i saw in the flesh on sunday, its mint...i would be looking about for something in similar condition...only in black, white or the red colour they come in

Gambit

RMS Regular
much you wanting to spend?? and are u willing to travel across water to get it

"106 GTI IN RED 1 PREV OWNER FULL SERVICE HISTORY AND JUST HAD FULL SERVICE OUTSTANDING CONDITION FOR A LATE 98 MODEL 40K MILES,FULL STAINLESS PIPER EXHAUST,APART FROM THAT TOTALLY STANDARD "

3.5k, sitting in Isle of Man

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Get a wanted post up. Check Jon44, RMS classifieds and ebay. Should come across one quick enough.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@Gambit - 3500 would be the absolute max, as ive seen on pistonheads that doesnt really get you much with decent milege. Would travel across for something like that...where did you find that>?

@RCoog - Need to get the saxo sold then il put a post up...im still in two minds, not in any rush but if the right one comes along il be selling up.

Jonny

RMS Regular
never had one problem with the vts, bar a thrust bearing going

great wee car

far too much shiite talked about their performance though

140 bhp+ in something that weighs 880 kg's roughly is 165 bhp per tonne thats the same as a focus rs

but put them side by side and i guarantee the rs will shiit all over the vts or gti

having said all that one sorted with the correct suspension tyres and strut brace is a really rewarding drive.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Ive done the saxo thing...wouldnt mind a change tho to the GTI

Big price difference mate in a GTI and an RS...plus im only 20

Woodsie

RMS Regular
Drives
F21 125d
No point in modding the VTR to cams etc, be easier to buy a VTS. What about an engine conversion? VTR > VTS? :laughing: Or just sell it and buy a 106 GTI

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
think selling it and getting the 106 may be the better option at the mo...

Finding out more about that one in the isle of man...anyone know what i could get him down to if im coming over from here...looking £3500...i was thinking £3200

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
is there not problems about getting cars from IOM to here??? or is it just the other way round?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
:laughing: ... anyone know how much the it is to bring a car back from isle of man? By the way when i get it back there isnt anything i need to do with the car, registration etc...

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
also something to think about - isle of man, no speed limits, bendy roads, 106 gti...... see where im going??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.