what should i do?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

aaron_m

RMS Regular
im driving a ka collection at the minute, great little car, cheap, economical etc, but i need more power!!! ive recently got very good quotes on the likes of a 106 gti and crx vtec, but the likelyhood is if i buy one im going down the years and up the miles :? The ka is '99 and has 25k on it, and has been tastefully modded (in my opinion) with brakes and suspension uprated so it stops great and sticks to the road. Ive gone as far as i can with it bar modding the engine. However i would doubt i could get insured properly if i was to put a 16 or 1.7 zetec into her. If i could come across a mint crx or somethin sub-90k miles etc, would it be worth going down the years for?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
who cares about miles if the car runs well and has been looked after

u wont find many rex's with sub 90k but if u do it will be a bit pricey

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
Go down the years and don't worry about miles, it's the best thing I ever did ! :grinning:

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
There seem to be a lot of people which think the same way you do - keep the car fresh and new and with low miles. There is nothing wrong with buying an older car with high miles (especially the likes of a honda) as long as its been fully and properly serviced. I assure you, go for either the CRX or 106 and you'll never look back!

Andy

Skillie

Fook years and miles. Buy a better car. A better cars a better car regardless of years and miles. if its been well maintained and is a genuine good motor. Don't think anyones gonna go sayin "OOoo did ya see his car, its a 99 with 25K on the clock". Nor will the reg/milometer put that grin on your face that a better car will. No disrespect intended to the wee Ka my girlfriend has one and its a great little car, good fun drive in fairness

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
yea time to take ur sanitry towels off the washing line and get a proper car...

crx 106gti fiat coupe !!

punto gt, starlet turbo, u dont know wot ur missing

pablo

RMS Moderator
do it mate and you wont piss on the ka if you see it in the street :grinning:

going older is not a bad thing at all.

Emmy

if you can find an older faster car with good service history and u can afford the insurance then go for it, u should ahve no bother selling the ka since it has such little milage on it for its year.

Calibra

never mind crx get u self a wee civic dual carbs!!
thats one sexy car
set of 16's, fair enough might have a few miles on it but it is retro as **** and was years ahead of its time

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Erm you can hardly compare a dual carb 1.4 civic to a CRX Vt. Totally different levels of performance. If you want something different, go for an EF Civic Vt, though good luck finding a non-rotten one!

106 GTi would handle better than the CRX, it might be the one to go for if you like the go-kart characteristics of the ka.

Andy

aaron_m

RMS Regular
OP
A
looks like getting a proper car is the way to go!! look out for a lot of modified ka bits for sale soon :grinning:

Skillie

depending on price i might take your wheels and lowering springs if ya got um and any interior bits. Ther was no motive behind me tryin to convince ya to buy another car!! HONEST!! :grinning:

Dermot

Hmmm, CRX Yes ... 106 GTI no....

But hey, If your happy with the Ka, and you like it... Why change ?
1.6 RS Turbo Engine will fit im sure
Infact i'd be squeezing a Mondeo ST220 engine into it...

Check insurance before you give up your Pride and joy...

Also I seen a 1.3 Ford Pushrod engine on Ebay a while back, Last Dyno'd at 200 and something BHP and rev's out till 11,000 RMP :eek:

Its a new Engine... But its still a 1.3 :lol:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.