What Speakers?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
Well one of the front speakers died today :worried: But got to look at the bright side, im going to upgrade and move from 13cm-17cm :grinning:

I had Alpine Type Rs in, so might get them again because i thought they where great, but just thought i'd ask and see if anyone had any better ideas.

Cheers

Jmax

RMS Regular
Well one of the front speakers died today :worried: But got to look at the bright side, im going to upgrade and move from 13cm-17cm :grinning:

I had Alpine Type Rs in, so might get them again because i thought they where great, but just thought i'd ask and see if anyone had any better ideas.

Cheers

it just depends how much money you have to spend on them and if you plan to have them amped or not

ARN

RMS Regular
OP
ARN
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
Yea i like alpine :grinning:
Ive looked at the new type Rs and your talking about £108 so in and around there.
They wouldnt be amped straight away but one day hopefully they would be.

Jmax

RMS Regular
they maybe go for a set of focals, they will be far better than the alpine and when you amp them they will blow ur mind

ARN

RMS Regular
OP
ARN
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
best place to buy them off the net? any good sites?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
pablo's definately - cant beat those Phoenix golds or the price Aaron

they retail at £800!

Jmax

RMS Regular
best place to buy them off the net? any good sites?

i wouldnt buy high end speakers off the net lad, if i was you id try the local ice dealers and see if you can get a good deal put togeather

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
the type r's give up on ya :eek:

sorry to hear that... crackin wee speakers tho, was it jus one mid or tweeter or wat?

keep an eye on fleabay, ya can get some cheap spares/incomplete sets time to time

but as said the focals are hard to beat for the money if ur lookin to go new, but pablo's pg's wud be awesome tho i feel an amp wud be needed to do the justice!!

another thing the single crossover wud need to be thought out for the pg's, bit more work involved in the wirin!

-Pete-

RMS Regular
pg's, jl audio, focal. among those three and a few other brands you wouldnt go wrong. id stick to buying local as you have after sales car and back up should there be any issues. buying off the net can be a bit iffy at times depending on the seller. i got stung a good few years ago now buying subs of the net of a supposed reputable dealer.

stick to the local shops and they will certainly sort you out. Iceman, SIM, AA or the like will all do their best to help you.

to be honest though, i would avoid the alpines. ive never liked the sound of them and know they had some very bad failure rates a few years ago just through normal use(could be all different now though...)

the likes of the jl vr or tr range, the entry level focals or even those second hand pg titanium elites that are for sale.

regardless of what you buy though, make sure they are well installed! nice and solid mountings and plenty of sound deadening behind them! makes a world of difference. you can have awesome speakers but if theyre installed poorly they wont perform anywhere near their best.

i would always say its best to buy a speaker or comps with the view to spending some of your budget getting their installation right rather than blowing it all on the speakers and leaving nothing for the installation side of things.

ARN

RMS Regular
OP
ARN
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
Flip lots to think about. Dont get paid to the end of the month so ive got a week or so to think about it. :grinning:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
yeah proper installation will play a big part and sound deadedning etc to bring the best out!!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
BBSBOY is selling a class set of focal comps for only £60

pm him! or pm me for his number as he is in england this week!

ARN

RMS Regular
OP
ARN
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
Boydie you trying to do your self out of a sale? ;) lol
There only 13cm, so i wouldnt need your door pods. lol

ARN

RMS Regular
OP
ARN
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
Na think im going to move up to 17cm. Im sure its going to sounds alot better :grinning: but cheers for keeping your eye out.

ARN

RMS Regular
OP
ARN
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
I am a wee bit raging about the speakers tho because it was the plan to move the type Rs to the rear and get rid of the 6x9s. but hey that was the plan 4 ages and i never did anythign about it, so this is making me get the finger out lol

ARN

RMS Regular
OP
ARN
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
Well ill put it on my todo list lol
You have 17cm coaxils in the rear dont you? notice much of a difference from the 13cm -17 cm in the rear/

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
nope they are 13cm coaxils - they were standard speakers until i decided I wanted to blend - in my interior with the ICE.

Sort out your front-end first mate (y)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
you dont need coaxials in my opinion - amped front components are more than enough if you already have the 6x9s for rear fill

-Pete-

RMS Regular
you dont even need rears at all really. its just a personal preference or if your wanting a surround set up for dvd. for true stereo you only need fronts.

a good set of 6.5's well installed will really reward you. then if you can amp them do so.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.