what to use to glue side skirts on?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jeffcorsa

RMS Regular
Drives
e36 325i coupe
there riveted on back and front but they need to be glued in better in the middle what do you use? double sided tape? any good glue?

Stuart

RMS Regular
Drives
Saxo, 3 series
any panel bond......windscreen sealer if you really dont want it to come off!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Wriggley's Extra - works a treat!

B&Q also sell velcro so you can take them off easily too.

Just use a black silicone sealant

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Tiger seal - hold it in place for a few mins then tape it in place with some masking tape.
ideally leave it overnight.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Gripfill!! End of! Will never come off.

Only you will know who I mean here, but Tiny gripfilled the numberplate onto the back of my Misses old focus when it fell off lol Think his shocks were held in with it on his old BM too.

Gripfill FTW lol

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
long that take to bond? i used windscreen sealer to put doorstrips on and wasn't up to much..

You didnt use the windscreen bond correctly then as when its used right the stuff is never coming apart. The windscreen in cars are part of the structural rigidity and so the sealer holding them in has to be up to the task, my guess is you tried to use too much.

thewhitevan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus Eco, nova
skirts

same as above you must prime it first once this is done then nothing will take off windscreen bond. you can buy it in motorfactors or a boat shop. best to get sika

Shaun

RMS Regular
Using tiger seal, if you want to take them off again they will either break into bits or take paint off.

Best thing is double sided sticky pads/stripes. Strong enough to hold it on and keeps it even the whole way across where as tiger seal etc it wont sit even the whole way across

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.