what waxes and sealants to use for a pc???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
just curious as i didnt see a definitive answer of guide to this but what polishes and sealants would people most use for a start to finish pc on their car. the likes of ruth and lenny would be great on this one.

as in , what do you use for each step or what is best to buy for each step.

i see on polished bliss that they have all the poorboys range like the ssr1, ssr2, ssr2.5 and ssr3. would you be best to get the ssr1, 2 and 2.5 ? or use the Menzerna range of products and which ones? what do you use ruth/lenny etc?

and for a finish what do you apply after putting on the polishing compounds? menzerna?poorboys nattys blue? with or without carnuba??

you tell me please

thanks

Ruth

RMS Regular
What car/cars will you be using this on? A good all round polish range would be the menzerna pro polishes - you can buy a sample pack for £30 on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk! Failing that, i use the blackfire range and the ordinary menzerna also (square bottles).

I have poorboys ssr as well, and ok its a good starter polish and it does its job, but i find it hazes quite badly with anything over ssr2.

After the de swirling stage, you can add a glaze... again it depends what you want from it, Blackfire GEP is a glaze, megs show car #7, red moose machine glaze, menz ftg are all pretty damn good!

Then you can add a sealant if you wish.. blackfire WD is superb.... And top off with a pure wax - you can't really go wrong with poorboys nattys blue for dark colours, but there are so many choices :worried:

If you need any more help feel free to pm or msn me!

Ruth

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
cheers ruth, its more for information purpose for me and everyone else out there :grinning:

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
hmm i get confused with all this - ive been lookin at some detailing threads over the past while.

what i would normally do is wash the car, dry it off then just apply megs tech wax or autoglym ultra deep shine but i would never wax it until reading these threads.

both of these products bring the car up brilliant but there are always swirls when u look at the paint under light - whats best for removing swirls i was gonna get the poorboys ssr range but not fussed on it now.

then for wax i got that cleaner wax in the megs clay kit but was thinkin of gettin natty blues wax or the megs gold class

Ruth

RMS Regular
nattys blue is great for dark colours taz! To be rid of swirls you could attack it by hand with a good polish, but you really need a machine buff. Otherwise you could use a filler heavy product to mask the swirls, like super resin followed by red moose machine glaze, or another glaze. It depends how much you want to spend, there are so many options

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
looks like it will have to be a machine buff but that can wait a while im in no rush.

rite so onto sealants and glazes? wots the differences in these?

the order im gettin here is:

1. Wash and dry car
2. Deswirl (polish)
3. Glaze
4. Sealant
5. Wax

(oh and ruth i dunno wots up with msn)

Ruth

RMS Regular
Ok simple explanation.. A glaze contains oils and will add more depth to paint, but needs protection as its water soluble. Sealant does what it says on the tin pretty much, "seals" everything in, whereas wax acts as the "icing on the cake" sort of thing.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Ruth...Do ya fancy spending some time alone with a 200sx in your garage..lol ?

Ruth

RMS Regular
Hee hee someone else asked me a similar question this week! ;) Pm me! lol

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
looks like more cash to spend and a nice long wait for the sunny weather - ha!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Tell me about it taz...Keep it clean tho, stops the crap getting stuck in the paint so much. Another month and we will be grand

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
the order im gettin here is:

1. Wash and dry car
2. Deswirl (polish)
3. Glaze
4. Sealant
5. Wax

You dont have to do the Glaze step, its more an optional step to add a bit more deep to the shine. Also you have to watch what glaze you buy, as there main job is to return natural oils into the bodywork, so will leave a very oil finish on the car meaning the sealant/wax will not bond properly to it, so duribility will not be as good.

Als o the Sealant step can be counted as an optional step also, if your the sort of person that waxes their car every few weeks, I wouldnt bother with the sealant. Its main job is to lock in the shine, but if your waxing it all the time, the wax will do that for you

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.