What will i lose?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

B1 MBO

Drives
Ford Fiesta Mk6
I crashed in September and had 4 years no claims. i renew my insurance in august and was wondering how much no claims i will lose. A friend said he only lost 2 years when he crashed but somebody said i will lose it all. Does anyone know? :?

B1 MBO

OP
B
Drives
Ford Fiesta Mk6
Boydie said:
i thought once u claim u lose it all :?

thats what i thought too. my insurance was £475 this year and it's prob gonna go up to £900. :cry:

pablo

RMS Moderator
depends on the size of the claim afaik. small claim wont lose u much - big claim lose the lot.

did you ask the ins company? and was the accident your fault?

B1 MBO

OP
B
Drives
Ford Fiesta Mk6
pablo said:
depends on the size of the claim afaik. small claim wont lose u much - big claim lose the lot.

did you ask the ins company? and was the accident your fault?

my car cost £3200 to fix, the other car written off but it was only worth £200. it was my fault :oops: and he's going for an injury claim when he was fine and dandy! :x I'll ring my insurance later this month to ask about his claim anyway so i'll ask then.

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
It's like most insurance problems - depends on the company.

I claimed £14700 off Endsleigh a few years ago and lost 2 years NCB.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I know some people who have been in accidents and kept all NCB but i think your policy must have protected no claims or something like that. As you say it'd prob be best to ring the company.

Mark

Drives
A3 1.8 T Sport
I lost 2 years during mine. Not my fault uninsured driver but my company had to pay out therefore i lost my NCB. How odd!!

Now its protected all the way. Not gonna lose any again

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
most insurance companies state in their terms and conditions about the results of a claim on your policy.

Most (i cant say all) will knock your NCB back 2 years with each claim. if you only have 2 years to start with then you lose it all. I dont believe it is related to the size of the incident.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.