Whats an M3 worth ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jason

RMS Regular
As above, see'ing a wide variety of prices, from 01's going for 13k to 03's at 12k, now i offered 10k for an 01 with 70k and was told id never own it, imo that was a fair bid! (Book value only 9500)

Heard rumours of them dropping £250 a week also? Would it be a bad time to be buying on or wait 2-3 months for it to level out to the 10k mark

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
You have to admit though, you really do take your time and over analyse every purchase, or potential purchase.

You're the opposite of impulsive.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
And whats wrong with that??

1st time iv had cash instead of part ex'd cars for the past few months so why would I jus jump onto the 1st thing I see? No point in buying a car thats true value wont be settled for another 2-3 months. Or maybe im completely wrong

I dont see you buying anything impulsive yet!!

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
You have to admit though, you really do take your time and over analyse every purchase, or potential purchase.

You're the opposite of impulsive.

Thats not a bad thing though, Especially with the market the way it is at the mo, Big motors that seem cheap now could cost you a couple of grand very fast this year...

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
This is it, really dont want to be loosing 2k on a car i'll probably only keep 6 months

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I wouldn't buy an M3 at the moment, and no offence to anyone who did ..... prices are dropping, dropping, dropping .... and will be for the foreseeable future. Unless it's absolutely dirt cheap or a special edition like a CSL, it will only lose money IMO

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
same as any car surely? unless a £300 banger.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
anything in the mid 20k to 30k bracket will loose money fast in the current climate ... we are officially in a recession and cars like these will fall in value ... typical e.g. nissan 350z 07 in SERE for around 15k ... had a look at these prior to the evo and there was very little discounting goin on ... but this a serious price reduction, can't see an m3 going any other way but down even if it is a beamer

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
tbh all performance cars will most likely take a hit ... i guess a buyers market for sure when coming to this type of motor ... as stated above majority of cars will loose their value and in difficult times certain cars will loose more or people will be willing to get rid regardless

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
I wouldn't buy an M3 at the moment, and no offence to anyone who did ..... prices are dropping, dropping, dropping .... and will be for the foreseeable future. Unless it's absolutely dirt cheap or a special edition like a CSL, it will only lose money IMO
do you think they when they reach 8-9k they will drop any more??

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
same as any car surely? unless a £300 banger.

Yes, all cars drop in value, but IMO an M3 is dropping too fast at the moment. Some performance cars like 200sx's and some Evos seem to be holding steady or not dropping by a huge amount on the other hand.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack

Who knows? With the new one out and secondhand prices for it dropping to crazy levels, the E46 is being forced down in price too. There was a time I thought the E36 M3 Evo would never stoop below £7k unlike the 3.0 model, but it obviously dropped too - its anyone's guess.

bob

RMS Regular

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't drop further, might have been different if they were a limited run or the last of the m3's but with a newer model out depreciating fast I expect the E46 to drop the same way the E36 did.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Especially when so many E46 M3s were sold - there is no shortage of them esp in England

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
Unreal depreciation in M3s over the past year.

I think my M3 has devalued more than my house this year.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I think the E46 M3 will keep coming down, people are buying them and realising after a few months just how expensive they can be to keep on the road (if you look after it properly that is).

If you don't want to lose a fortune, I would suggest going for a limited edition car....Clio Trophy or a FRS etc...

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
Uncle has an 03 m3 in imola red he was thinking of selling, only 10k on it too but he dosent know what its worth

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I think the E46 M3 will keep coming down, people are buying them and realising after a few months just how expensive they can be to keep on the road (if you look after it properly that is).

Exactly, people fail to appreciate they were what £50-60K new? Parts aint cheap for them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.