Wheel colour ideas?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Claire

RMS Regular
Drives
Cherry Parrr!
No no no dont do them white, too common :p

This might sound weird but i can picture them with a black rim and gunmetal in the middle? Or the other way around? :cool: Dunno why, but when I looked at the first picture thats was I imagined, different i guess!? I think its cuz of the carbon fibre splitter maybe? :oops: I dunno!

Claire

RMS Regular
Drives
Cherry Parrr!
But whatever you decide on, I hope you stay with a darker colour, looks much better with the yellow than the gold would imo. ;)

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Anything other than black/grey/silver is terrible looking imo!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Satin Black, with yellow lip?

Or not lip, but like the tape that superbike wheels sometimes have?

Daisy

RMS Regular
IA08.jpg

Thats the winner imo.. But if your not changing the rims, i'd keep them similar to what they are now...

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
OP
DaddyCC
Drives
VW CC
See the only thing i fear doing satin for is cause they will look like Rotas lol!!! But sure half the time people call them that anyway, between not knowing and just trying to wind me :p But im glad to see people are backing me up with black anyway as i think it would be the most setting colour given the car...

The wheels were originally white but when i got them refurbed thats when i changed them to black to be Spoon colour seein as they were stripped back...
Are these rotas or Evos or spoons??
Regamaster Evos and Spoon SW388's are the same wheel, all made by Desmond, its just the Evo's were white or silver, whereas Spoon sold them as black only...
Im not a fan of matt black wheels, they just look like they have a layer if brake dust on them if you dont clean them everythime you move it more than 10 feet!
You got that absolutely spot on anyway lol, breaks my heart :broken_heart:
Black for me DC ...... what about a blue trim around the edge of the wheel, in Spoon blue? Would make a change from the normal red line and would contrast with the yellow nicely.
Well funnily enough Tim done that idea for me a while ago roughly, but i think it just looked a bit tacky and the whole 'time attack' thing has been overplayed so much i was sick of seeing the sight of such things, unless some proper Advans or Sparco's etc where its proper anodised stuff...

bluelipwheels.jpg

wheels.jpg

But you did throw a spanner in the works with the grey wheels, they do look good, not the polished lip mind (n) Unlike Andy whos just suggesting any oul wheel :p

Yes they look good, but i dont think Red SW388's/Evo's would look quite right :confounded:

christyb

RMS Regular
Get them refurbed in desmond regamaster evo stylee, polished with the stickers on. Yellow + polished = win

010.jpg

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
OP
DaddyCC
Drives
VW CC
But considering the rest of the car is all yellow and black (bar the brakes and nuts), would you not think that just looks daft with these 'bling' rims :confounded:

Conor

RMS Regular
I know u wont go for white so im going to say Satin black, they do look well actually and i generally hate black wheels on any car.

im with nay-zor here,i dont think you have the balls to go white so satin black!:p

PrimO

RMS Regular
If it were me i'd definitely go for white ala Regamasters but if your not going for a different colour then leave them as they are, SW388s are anodised and not painted and so you'll loose that once theyre painted.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
OP
DaddyCC
Drives
VW CC
Same as you had befor only change the wheel nuts to blue anodised ones
They are blue lol, just a bit scraped:oops:

Polished is too much upkeep, bugger that... Be different if it was just an lip on the likes of a set of BBS's or what not...

Karl, i like the white and when i look back at pics of the car when i got it with the white wheels i love it, but too much hassle at the same time and stick out a lot with no other white :confounded:

But then again, i like you idea Graham lol (y) Would be a bit mental, but also ruin a good set of wheels?!?! Take away from the blue brakes also?!?!?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Dont know if these pics were posted up and can be bothered going back a page to check but heres another couple. I think either polished or statin black look the best

wOTI1ODAyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE3D.jpg

wMTI1MjU0ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

DSC_1514.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Whats wrong with rotas gary :worried::worried::worried: lol

Get new gold ones or keep yours and polished them like that jordan (y)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
OP
DaddyCC
Drives
VW CC
Polished is too much upkeep, bugger that... Be different if it was just an lip on the likes of a set of BBS's or what not...
READ BOYOS!!!!!:p Polished in this country by someone who's not an anal bastid, not a mission...

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
They wouldn't require much upkeep, keep them washed clean as often as you can, Autosol once a month and a good wheel sealer on them.

AndyG

RMS Regular
I say black... Quite like the matt black.. Definetly not a polished lip though!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.