Wheel refurb

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Anyone know where I could get my wheels refurb'd, other than Nu-Luk??

I'm selling the car so don't want to be spending £300+ with Nu-Luk rip off merchants. :mad:

Surely somewhere must do them cheaper than that??

Thanks (y)

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
alloy wheel repair centre, Tell micheal amanda irwin sent ye , Its my best friends dad who owns it, 18a, Aghnatrisk Rd, Hillsborough, County Down BT26 6JJ
Tel: 028 9268 8099

Johnski

RMS Regular
Woodcutter said:
Anyone know where I could get my wheels refurb'd, other than Nu-Luk??

I'm selling the car so don't want to be spending £300+ with Nu-Luk rip off merchants. :mad:

Surely somewhere must do them cheaper than that??

Thanks (y)

80quid a wheel????:eek: :eek: :eek:

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
im gettin mine done hopefully next week for another 50 a wheel i think , ill post more details i get it for that price and where and pics of the job

tim

RMS Regular
Nu Luk - Depending on the wheel type is £55+ Vat

But no matter repair or repainting or just a colour change its the one price for it all.
They completely strip the wheel and weld them not just repair them with filler which is soft as ****.

RCT

RMS Regular
Lester engineering done my wheels for the 205 and my dads batmobile csl wheels. Work gets stuff done with them as well. Hadn't had a bad one yet. Think they were £45 a wheel. 02892621681

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
Got my rs turbo wheels done up in alloy wheel repair in hillsbrough, Brilliant finish and even kept the numbers and the ford badge as they came new, lester engineering couldn't promise the numbers/badges to come out good with the build up of new paint.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
tim said:
Nu Luk - Depending on the wheel type is £55+ Vat

But no matter repair or repainting or just a colour change its the one price for it all.
They completely strip the wheel and weld them not just repair them with filler which is soft as ****.

Thats for a 15" wheel tho is it not? Prices for 17/18's are wild.

tim

RMS Regular
sorry £60 plus the vat, £55 is for trade.

Slideordie - No mate, thats for anysize 13"-26" doesnt matter.

Now going into spilt rims etc.. gets exspensive

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
tim said:
sorry £60 plus the vat, £55 is for trade.

Slideordie - No mate, thats for anysize 13"-26" doesnt matter.

Now going into spilt rims etc.. gets exspensive

Well they quoted me £70+VAT for my 18" wheels, which is just ridiculous IMO. £50 a rim is ample for this kinda work.

Cheers for all the info guys, went to see Lester Engineering and he said he could tidy them up rather than refurb the whole lot, and would do that for about £35 per wheel.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Woodcutter said:
Well they quoted me £70+VAT for my 18" wheels, which is just ridiculous IMO.

Yea, I was certain they charged more per wheel size.

BMWZ1

RMS Member
Drives
Smart Brabus Roa
Bit off the point I know, but is it true that forged alloys are harder/more expensive to refurb??

Have been told this but not sure...

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
was up today cin about my wheels was quoted £150 for 1 colour

and 180 for 2 colours

thats filled , primed , sprayed

not bad pics up next monday or so

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.