When is detailing too much?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chip

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang Cobra
With the new car on its way I want to keep it looking good from the start so I want to stick to some basic detailing.
The one thing I am unsure of is, can there be too much or too often, ie bad for the paint on the car.
How often should a car be done?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I have done a few paintwork corrections on brande new cars, the most recent of which took around 11hrs with the rotary alone to achieve perfection. Sadly ALL new car will have defects in the paint, you should get this corrected and protected ASAP and then wash the car regularly following the correct steps. Maybe a wax every month or so to kepp it looking awesome.

PM me if you like

Stevies

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo V50
tbh u'ld polish the car with the machine a fair few times before u'd go though the laquer. Normally it only removes a few microns of paint at the most and on average I find that most cars have 120-130 of paint on them.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
lol yeah amos :grinning: Rock hard isn't the word! Perfection in the end though, worth every second (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.