Where to buy syringes in north down area?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Anywhere that would sell reasonably large ones to save some hassle?

I want to be prepared for when I get a moment of inspiration to change the haldex oil on the golf.

Or anyone done this before suggest an alternative device to getting the oil in?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
You get special oil syringes that hold about a litre. Draper etc do them. Don't think they are that dear. I got one for doing diff oils.

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
Most street corners in Newtownards.

CI_ZjsrWsAAb8qI.jpg

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
Yea there is, I just picked up the screwfix one, if it's crap I'll try the fyfes one

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
The Screwfix one was that crap, it didn't suck any oil up. Tried everything to improvise, but nothing worked so it's going back. Avoid.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I went to my local vets when I had to change the gearbag oil in my old automatic Omega, they had some fairly big ones that they used for feeding and stuff. It took an absolute lifetime to do though!

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
I actually had some 60ml ones lying around but no pipe, so dad had the bright idea of using some earth wire sleeving...genius moment. 11 fills did the trick

Last edited:

AC

RMS Regular
@Petem86 gonna need to get the finger out and get this done to my own. Problem is, with travelling a lot I’ve become lazy the past year and can’t be arsed spending my Saturdays and sundays under a car anymore. This easy enough to do?

Petem86

RMS Regular
OP
Petem86
Drives
'15 Golf R
Yea, I did it with the car on stands, if you want a hand give me a shout. Hardest bit is getting the oil back in. I got the oil from Audi too, to save me going to Boucher or mallusk, VW only purchase

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.