Where's Best For Bike Tyres?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Big Dogg

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla MY-LR
I got home from a run there tonight and had a quick glance at my tyres (as I always do) and the wire is starting to show on the rear tyre, despite there being plenty of tread left. I'm guessing the tyre has been over-inflated or something.

Where's best to get bike tyres around the Belfast area? A few people have recommended Hurst's tyres near the Odyssey, but I would like to try a few other places to get the best quote before going to get them fitted.

Is there still a chap that does mobile tyre fitting?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yeah, another vote for Smoking Slicks. Hard to beat on price, and unbeatable on service any time I've used him.

wes

RMS Regular
I heard smoking slicks was no longer. On facebook but may be wrong but ive used him in the past good job

Big Dogg

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
Tesla MY-LR
Aye, I actually think I might have read elsewhere that he isn't in operation any more. I'll try his number later today and see if I get an answer...

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
Yea smoking slicks packed it in. There are plenty of places to go but with hursts your paying for the experiance of michael doing it. Although he wont bother if you bring him a harley/scooter/goldwing/ pan europenion. Too much work involved and too many things can go wrong. The likes of them leave them into belfast honda or somewhere.

Sanz

RMS Regular
Drives
Fireblade
Hurst are useless unless you actually get Michael.

A1 tyres Dromore. Maybe a bit out of the way but i got a great deal on Michelin pilot 2CTs and the lads are all bikers.

Sparky160

RMS Member
GS Motorcycles (Suzuki) always have good deals on tyres which are no longer the newest models. I got full set of pilot sport 2's (180 rear section) fitted and all last year for £160. Worth checking out.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.