Which snow foam..?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chapletown

RMS Regular
Drives
G20 M340i X
This has probably been asked before, i bought a snow foam lance for my karcher months ago and have never got round to using it. Can anyone recommend a good snow foam? cheers!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@Big Pimp 's stuff is hard to beat, works great, diluted correct it lasts long and doesn't break the bank.

Search for the Anachem thread, he also has a website now

Last edited:

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Autobrite Direct! It's a bit on the expensive side but it is a very good snowfoam. I'm currently using Auto Finesse Avalanche which is good as well.

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
I've seen about 1000 of these threads across numerous sites and it never ends with one definitive answer lol

I think it all just comes down to personal preference (y)

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Using autobrite magifoam atm
Nearly finished and I have a jar of anachem ultra foam to try then
If it's anything like the rest of the Anachem range it'll be good gear

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
thanks guys
giphy.gif

in all seriousness, @chapeltown i sell my stuff in a handy 2lt size which definitely won't break the bank, and is a nice size for an introduction into my range

use the click below and it's found in my 'exterior range'

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Just had a look at that link there @Big Pimp will definitely be grabbing some of that snow foam off you when this Auto Finesse runs out on me, do you have a physical shop anywhere or just online?

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
My shop Paints & Components in Ballymoney stocks Ross's gear (plus Autobrite/Fireball), as does ProCar in Carryduff. Not sure where you are in NI!

Carrickfergus buddy so its a bit of a jaunt but might take a race up sometime

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Ultrafoam is great stuff, my brother in law was using some orchard care stuff and it wasn't great.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Apologies for the thread hijack and my ignorance.

But what is the benefits of snow foam?

Ordered a lance for my Karcher and need to pick some up.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
It all depends on how it used in my opinion.

Snow foam in their simplest form are a high foaming detergent, the reason for the extra foam – apart from it looking quite dramatic, is that it allows the active cleaning component to stay in contact with the surface giving a longer dwell time, that leads to higher cleaning rates from the detergent.
This reduces the risk of inflicting fine scratches and swirls massively, and also allows you to get an active cleaning solution into gaps and crevices that are hard and sometimes impossible to reach with a wash mitt.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Im sure someone educated in the ways of detailing will be along to explain better but as far as im aware the foam is beneficial over plain water as the foaming nature of the product helps the cleaning agents soak in and when hosed off it drags the particles that cause fine scratches etc off the bodywork.

j44nty

RMS Regular
For the lazy car washing folk who aren't to fussy it allows for a really fast wash. I put half and inch of ultra foam half an inch of big pimps tfr (can never remember the name) and a cap full of car shampoo (think it's Asda own brand). I power hose off the worst of the dirt off then apply the foam, wash it over with a mit in one hand and power washer in the other after every panel I powerhouse off the mit so I don't build up dirt. No buckets no hassle granted the purists will frown but I'm happy with it and it's fast.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
It's a pre wash cycle where it allows you to remove more dirt and grime than just powerwashing prior to washing your car with a mit meaning less dirt on the car = less dirt on the mit = less chance of putting fine scratches or swirls into the paintwork. Also looks cool for photos

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.