Which snow foam..?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
For the lazy car washing folk who aren't to fussy it allows for a really fast wash. I put half and inch of ultra foam half an inch of big pimps tfr (can never remember the name) and a cap full of car shampoo (think it's Asda own brand). I power hose off the worst of the dirt off then apply the foam, wash it over with a mit in one hand and power washer in the other after every panel I powerhouse off the mit so I don't build up dirt. No buckets no hassle granted the purists will frown but I'm happy with it and it's fast.

Id have thought you would have better results if you sprayed the car with a TFR mix 5 mins before you do your first step (power hose rinse before applying foam).

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Anachem Articulate - Dwell for 5 mins
Anachem Ultrafoam - Over the top of the Articulate and dwell for another 5-10 mins

Power Hose off ...

Theres the steps and the products I use and its perfect even if you dont have time to hit the car with a mitt.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Thanks everyone :grinning:

@Big Pimp I'll try to get a run up to you sometime next week to buy some stuff from you just need to wait on this nozzle arriving.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Another one using @Big Pimp's Anachem snow foam, it's fantastic and does exactly what it says. I bought 25L drum off him some time last year and still got about a quarter of it left now and I wash the car a lot lol including my parents cars too.

Once that's done soon, I'll be back for another drum lol

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Thanks everyone :grinning:

@Big Pimp I'll try to get a run up to you sometime next week to buy some stuff from you just need to wait on this nozzle arriving.
No worries mate. I've now added a 'find us' page on the site which incorporates google maps and phone number links to me & my suppliers.

Let me know when you're thinking as next week I'm out & about a fair bit and would love to be there

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Another one using @Big Pimp's Anachem snow foam, it's fantastic and does exactly what it says. I bought 25L drum off him some time last year and still got about a quarter of it left now and I wash the car a lot lol including my parents cars too.

Once that's done soon, I'll be back for another drum lol
Big fan of Ross's product. As well as working well, it's amazing value. Bought 25 liters of ultra foam at the start of 2014 (had to check private messages lol) and I've still more than half left. It just dilutes so well.

Ollie

RMS Regular
Haven't read the thread but is there anywhere I can get autobrite stuff in NI?

It's £14 postage on 5l online.

I'm looking 5l of the blue magifoam.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Haven't read the thread but is there anywhere I can get autobrite stuff in NI?

It's £14 postage on 5l online.

I'm looking 5l of the blue magifoam.

I don't have the blue Magifoam, just the standard yellow. I do have the red Devil's Blood Autobrite Foam though.

Also have Fireball Premium Active which is awesome.

Ollie

RMS Regular
I don't have the blue Magifoam, just the standard yellow. I do have the red Devil's Blood Autobrite Foam though.

Also have Fireball Premium Active which is awesome.

Can you get it?

I'm not sure of the difference, I just want it lol.

browne174

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
I am currently using Cleantec's own snow foam.

Bought it at Dubshed and have washed many cars and tractors since and I still have about half of the 25L drum remaining.

Love the stuff and they provide postage for those who arent near Omagh.

20170618_202829.jpg

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp 's stuff is hard to beat, works great, diluted correct it lasts long and doesn't break the bank.

Search for the Anachem thread, he also has a website now

I can't seem to get the dilution right on this, seems like I have to put a lot in to get it to really foam up. This is using the standard foam lance everyone seems to go for now and a K4

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
I can't seem to get the dilution right on this, seems like I have to put a lot in to get it to really foam up. This is using the standard foam lance everyone seems to go for now and a K4

Sounds like you have too much water going through the lance. Can you not adjust it?

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I have ran out of Ultra Foam :monkey: but decided to finish off the Auto Finesse Avalanche foam (which is also a very good foam) however based on the same dilution ratio I have noticed it doesn't last as long.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Sounds like you have too much water going through the lance. Can you not adjust it?

Have played with adjuster knob but even on with it screwed all the way to "-" it's not the best, I'm assuming "-" means less water and "+" means more as when I go to the opposite extreme ("+") it's very diluted.

This might seem a silly question but how blue does people's mixture look once made up?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Have played with adjuster knob but even on with it screwed all the way to "-" it's not the best, I'm assuming "-" means less water and "+" means more as when I go to the opposite extreme ("+") it's very diluted.

This might seem a silly question but how blue does people's mixture look once made up?

Yeah minus is less water, I found with an older lance to get the adjuster working right I hand to go from all the why minus to plus a little and back to all the way minus to get it to foam up.

The strength of the power washer makes a huge difference, I’ve never used the k4 so can’t compare, we have a Krazle.

I do tend to put more than needed in as I like thick foam, but 2cm in the bottle before water should be plenty of not too much

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I think I use waaaaay too much in the bottle by the sounds of things :laughing: Might need to dial it down a notch or 50. I like it thick though :heart_eyes:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
My lance gve up after about 8 or more years of use... so bought a pack of caustic soda stripped it and let it soak overnight and built up again... good as new

Curse of a job to strip though was pretty seized up

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
I had never even ran clean water thru the lance after use although it was used regularly so wouldn’t have had much chance to dry out but obviously got clogged eventually... but a product to save stripping would be welcome

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.