Who to rebuild mk6 GTI engine?

keith5d

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Right so after trying in vain to find a replacement engine locally I'm thinking about trying to get the busted one rebuilt. I've emailed Powermax this evening to see what they can do, but is there anywhere else anyone can recommend? Ideally as close to L'derry as possible, but willing to travel if necessary.

JH86

RMS Regular
The one with chain failure?

If so it's not exactly a engine rebuld or an engine rebulder you need boss

A decent reputable mechanic that you know/have used in the past and trust should whip the head off, replace any damaged parts/valves

New chain, new gaskets etc and your sorted for many years to come

A replacement tfsi engine is very risky imo

Contact Darren DSMAutos on insta say hammy sent you he will see you right

keith5d

RMS Regular
OP
keith5d
Drives
Golf GTI
The one with chain failure?

If so it's not exactly a engine rebuld or an engine rebulder you need boss

A decent reputable mechanic that you know/have used in the past and trust should whip the head off, replace any damaged parts/valves

New chain, new gaskets etc and your sorted for many years to come

A replacement tfsi engine is very risky imo

Contact Darren DSMAutos on insta say hammy sent you he will see you right
Yeah the one with the broken chain. I have a really good mechanic, but like a lot of garages he doesn’t have the time to do engine rebuilds which I respect…there’s a high volume of vehicles going through it and only 2 guys so I’m happy to look elsewhere for the rebuild and he’ll hold the rest of the car to build up when the engine is put right.
A replacement from a breaker or eBay is a lottery aye, and a lot of them are £2k+ so I’d sooner pay to have my own put right at this stage and know what I have.