Who would have right of away??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Just wondering as lots of people just fly over the lanes and dont pay attention so would like to know if I am in the 'right' before someone drives into me (Taxi driver almost did earlier)..
Coming out of knock tescos and turn right (I'd be in the right hand lane)
ScreenShot2013-05-11at210837_zps0e39ec11.png

Id be going from the right hand lane into the middle lane once through the lights but noticed loads of people in the left lane just fly over into the middle lane even without indicating like they have right of away?

Please tell me if I'm wrong..

johnm

RMS Regular
lol, you mean right of way.
I would say right hand lane to right hand lane, left hand lane to left or middle.

MATT93

RMS Regular
OP
MATT93
Drives
335d
lol, you mean right of way.
I would say right hand lane to right hand lane, left hand lane to left or middle.
Fixed, I'm still not convinced, if you were coming in from Bangor you would be in the right hand lane to get into the middle lane.. So dont see why it shouldnt be the same from Tesco..

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I've always taken it to be right hand lane to right and middle, left to left.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Right hand lane to go right or middle. The lane for right/ middle starts as one lane and widens to create the two.

scub

Banned
is the left hand lane there (when you're pulling away from the lights i presume you mean) not for going straight on to the outer ring or holywood road ?
right hand lane for holywood road/turning right onto bypass .
no-one in the left lane should be cutting across to the right ??

MATT93

RMS Regular
OP
MATT93
Drives
335d
is the left hand lane there (when you're pulling away from the lights i presume you mean) not for going straight on to the outer ring or holywood road ?
right hand lane for holywood road/turning right onto bypass .
no-one in the left lane should be cutting across to the right ??

Yeah the taxi driver was in the left hand lane at the lights then swung into the middle lane without indicating but reason I ask is because its not the first time its happened and I'm sure it wont be the last. Yeah I would take the right hand lane at the lights to turn right onto the bypass or middle lane to head Ashfield school direction.

scub

Banned
Yeah the taxi driver was in the left hand lane at the lights then swung into the middle lane without indicating but reason I ask is because its not the first time its happened and I'm sure it wont be the last. Yeah I would take the right hand lane at the lights to turn right onto the bypass or middle lane to head Ashfield school direction.
think you'd be correct chum .
i've used that junction everyday for years and if you need to go right you have to be in the right hand lane .
the left does split further on up towards the next lights so folks do cross from left to middle to go up the holywood road but no-one should be starting in the left lane wanting to go right .
but they do - show them the wrath of your horn and 2 fingered salute !

MATT93

RMS Regular
OP
MATT93
Drives
335d
think you'd be correct chum .
i've used that junction everyday for years and if you need to go right you have to be in the right hand lane .
the left does split further on up towards the next lights so folks do cross from left to middle to go up the holywood road but no-one should be starting in the left lane wanting to go right .
but they do - show them the wrath of your horn and 2 fingered salute !

Haha made me laugh, I think I woke the taxi driver up by beeping at him lol

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Aye its a funny oul one that as it doesnt make it totally clear to the clueless or ignorant (taxi), but that system is made up for maximum flow away from the Tesco lights by having 2 lanes go left to either carry on as 2 flows of traffic all the way up Parkway, or else those that need to use the outside lane (right hand lane) to be able to exit off towards Holywood/City Airport or further on up onto Holywood Road.

You were correct as Scub has pointed out as you would be crossing 2 lanes to then get into the 3rd lane off slip to go up H'wood Road (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.