Who's the best Detailer on RMS? Get the pics up

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
time or the sense in doing it ryan ;) was pointless really as it didn't make me any more money when i sold it sadly :worried:

only thing is the megane is kept well and for it's age probably one of the cleanest about this country especially with the miles on her so might be able to ask top book on it

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Well here is my effort. 16 year old Car

Engine
h20ruf207.gif

Body
april06vw52.gif

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
does no one else belief that a car is for driving....not standing around polishing it and cleaning the tyres!! ITS NOT AN ORNAMENT GUYS!! :p

Rik

RMS Regular
OP
Rik
Drives
BMW E46 M3
I once heard Baz say 'You only drive a car so you can get it dirty and start all over again'

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
fair play!! lol

I can understand why they do it - it just breaks my heart to spend hours polishing etc to have it ruined in minutes!!

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
i dont really have any photos of mine after a big clean, here is one that nathan took up at the 100% modified heat @ streetracer...i got 2nd in show n shine tho:
StreetRacerShowpictures102.jpg

....my car gets cleaned 7days a week, sad i know. Will have to get sum pics up this weekend wen i give her a big clean

rsnutter

R
Age can't be factored into this either - i know a sierra cossie that is 21 years old, but has better paint than nearly new cars. Thats simply because it has bugger all miles and spent a lot of its life in a museum.

I'd like to know why there is a sudden fuss on RMS aout detailing? Its almost like nobody every polished their cars until a few months ago? :p

Martyn

RMS Regular
andy_gdon said:
does no one else belief that a car is for driving....not standing around polishing it and cleaning the tyres!! ITS NOT AN ORNAMENT GUYS!! :p

My car is driven every day... but its great bringing it back to showroom condition

AND! detailing is the new craze.... used to be 18" or 19" wheels...fibreglass - now its detailing:p

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Its all well and good "detailing" an almost brand new car and winning show and shines, try doing one thats got a shed load of miles on it and we'll see who the best is. Its not hard to make a brand new car look clean! And as already said, pics hide blemishes very easily and its impossible to see all the nooks and crannies that take the longest to clean.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
andy_gdon said:

Yep i believe a car is for driving!! Mine very rarely get washed, and never polished!!

Feck me, you should of seen the transformation, in my old GSS veedubboy got off me, feck me, he made it shine ok! looked a complete different car!!

Ruth

RMS Regular
I disagree - new cars still get equally as dirty too when they are driven every day! Its not about how old or new the car is, you can make any car shine and be mint with enough patience and fussyness. Take a look around next time you are out on a sunny day, you'll see how many swirl marked and faded "new" cars are about! And yes photos dont count for anything cos even bad lighting wont show a decent shine and u wont see missed bits :p :worried:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
lenny26 said:
My car is driven every day... but its great bringing it back to showroom condition

AND! detailing is the new craze.... used to be 18" or 19" wheels...fibreglass - now its detailing:p

I don't know how you have the patience, especially with the state the roads round here get into sometimes!!!(y)

And about the new/old car thing, yes a new car will get just as dirty, but an older one that hasn't had the time put into it before will be much harder to get to the same standard as one just out of the showroom!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Yes of course new cars still get as dirty, but the paint underneath is much more likely to be in far better condition, swirls or not. Next time your out have a look at some old cars that have been suffering from poor wash techniques and a lack of paint protection for many years and 1k's of miles!! Plus try cleaning the arches and engine bay of a car with 130k miles of caked on sh*te on it and you'll see it takes a lot more effort to get them looking half as clean as a car thats only a few years old.

Ruth

RMS Regular
yeah im pretty confident it is possible to get them looking mint enough - its something id like to try!! The engine bay and interior might be a pain yes, but i was referring to paintwork

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
R6TH M said:
yeah im pretty confident it is possible to get them looking mint enough - its something id like to try!! The engine bay and interior might be a pain yes, but i was referring to paintwork

You're welcome to try mine any time you like :grinning: :p

Moddie

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2 golf
lenny26 said:

lol, at least its a respectable craze that people wont laugh at.

Yes a cars there to be driven but i know what i prefer to drive a car thats clean. And when ya spend hours getting it clean and take it out shining it makes ya feel a bit better about the car. Meh, it gets dirty again, gives ya somethin to when your bored

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Golf Before

golf5dm.jpg

After

DSCF1821.jpg

Orion

dscf02875uu.jpg

I can be quite anal about cleaning my car, inside arches etc getting done.

rsnutter

R
R6TH M said:

You can do mine at the GTi show then :party: Hope you can polish out rust!!!!! :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.