wife damaged the car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

spoons

RMS Regular
My wife who is a named driver on my insurance policy has just pulled the front bumper of the car and wrecked the wing while pulling out of our driveway.Do I contact our insurance company first or a body repair place to come and collect the car. Any advice would be appreciated.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It might be cheaper in the long run to repair it yourself. I guess it depends on the car and how bad the damage is.

Otherwise ring your insurance company.

spoons

RMS Regular
OP
spoons
The whole front bumper has been trailed off and the wing is dented.i think the excess is about £150.

wes

RMS Regular
How new is the car, 2nd hand bumper painted already? An option instead of claiming

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
I would be looking at fixing it myself, only really turn to insurance if you have too or if its big money.

A replacement bumper could be big money depending on the car but then again we're all just surmising until you get pics & details up 8-|

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Avoid the insurance for something like that. Insurance will get more expensive, no claims gone and car be categorised.
Cheaper to fix yourself now

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Check what your policy says, excess, whether a claim will affect NCB, whether the accident will then be recorded against the car etc etc

Despite this sort of thing being partly what a fully comp policy is for...you can be sure they'll try and screw more money from you for claiming. And it can end up costing far more than the repairs would ever be

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Avoid the insurance for something like that. Insurance will get more expensive, no claims gone and car be categorised.
Cheaper to fix yourself now

Car wont be categorized unless its a write off - can still be repaired and not have a category.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
You done what you silly cnut.....
giphy.gif

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
That could be repaired handy enough surely? I wouldn't put it through the insurance for all it will cost

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.