Window tinting Diy??

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Ive been thinking of having a whirl at tintin the rear 3 windows of the motor, more for somthing to do really to keep My head occupied, i seen u can buy pre cut tints specifically for your make & model of car they seem. Inexpensive at around the 30 quid mark. & the same company also. Has a youtube vid fitting guide anyone had ago at it looks easy....

There's were to buy them

Mac1987

RMS Regular
OP
Mac1987
Drives
Anything
Funny thing is tho the things that look a piece of...... Cake ( im Being PC here) tend to be the hardest thing! Like knowing my luck if i had a go at them Window tints they'd probably turn out with more wrinkels than a shar_pei or more wrinkels than Gordon ramsays bake!! šŸ¤£

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Pretty sure it'll be a damn sight harder that the video shows. It can be done but expect lots of swearing and head scratching with more swearing.

Take your time and make sure you do it in a shed/garage and you'll be grand

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
The side windows will be a doddle. The rear window will be harder because youā€™ll need to heat it to make it fit the curve of the window.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I used to do it, and eventually threw the head up after a few years, few cars I just couldn't get right on the first or second attempt eventually got them done and after the last car left I haven't tinted a car since :joy:

Takes alot of patience and time to do especially rear windows with the curves on rear windows, side windows are easy enough done especially if they can be removed makes it even easier. Worst is takes so little to crease or kink the film at which point its scrap..peel it off an start again.

colin84

RMS Regular
It's definitely not as easy as it seems, it takes a lot of practice to do a perfect job. You would nearly be better ordering a roll of decent film to practice with, rather than the pre cut stuff.

Mac1987

RMS Regular
OP
Mac1987
Drives
Anything
Yeah i thought the side windows would be handy enough but as said the trouble starts with the rear windscreen with the curve & also the awkwardness of working of the back seats as its not a hatchback. šŸ˜”