Window Tinting

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Read a few other topics on here about this but never seemed to answer my question. Can i tint my front passenger and driver windows? And also to what percentage?

Thanks in advance

jonnyboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CRV
No you cant tint any of your front windows at all back ones can be as dark as you like surely there should be a sticky on this by now.

jonnyboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CRV
I had my front windows done the lightest you can get and i got pulled over my the plod and got a £60 pound fine and was told if they were any darker i could have got 3 points for dangerous driving defo and had to rip them off at the station defo wouldnt chance it and that scooby would be a police mans dream car to catch.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
There are topics relating to this everywhere.

There are different penelty's for different grades of tint. One of the RMS cops could detail you on it I'm sure.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
n38695423222_6768.jpg

If the AVLT falls between 30% and 50% its a £30 fine with no points and a vehicle defect rectification notice

If the AVLT falls between 10% and 30% its £60 + 3 points and a prohibition.

If the AVLT falls less than 10% it's a prosecution and the vehicle prohibitioned.

(AVLT = Automotive Visible Light Transmission)

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
i had mine done on what i was told was a light tint, which in comparison to others was really light as you could see into the car and out no problems but the light test at the mot test centre pulled up 29% transparency and i had to remove them to pass. however i did have them on a just short of a year (after my mot last year i put them on) and never had any bother with the psni over it. its your choice, i aint doin mine again cause i cant b bothered with the hassle lol

Chris_702

RMS Regular
OP
Chris_702
Drives
BMW M2
Thanks Rocko and Collyirwin.

Just not wanting to tint them too much then end up with another 3 points :mad:

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
don't forget there already slighty tinted from factory usually 19-22%

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
don't forget there already slighty tinted from factory usually 19-22%

I think we've been here before Sieddie, most factory tints are only circa 10%. If your car is sold with "tinted windows" it will be about 19 to 22%. :cool:

jonnyboy, don't know how you got a £60 fine for window tint as it's not an option without the points.

Swift_chris, chckout the link

http://www.dvtani.gov.uk/uploads/pub...tedWindows.pdf

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.