Would like to believe it's a genuine mistake (and it seems it was!)

Airhead

RMS Regular
Came back to my car parked in the Hi-park today to find this:

Bugger, I thought and then noticed this under the wiper:

My faith restored in humanity, I decided to phone him later to sort something out.
"The number you are calling has not been recognised." 10 digit number!
Bugger, I thought again!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Came back to my car parked in the Hi-park today to find this:
View attachment 241088
Bugger, I thought and then noticed this under the wiper:
View attachment 241089
My faith restored in humanity, I decided to phone him later to sort something out.
"The number you are calling has not been recognised." 10 digit number!
Bugger, I thought again!

Try replacing the first 0 with +353 looks like it could be a southern number, 10 digits, and the name sounds Irish

Airhead

RMS Regular
OP
Airhead
Already tried adding extra digit to the end of the number (0-9) but no Joe (to be fair, not all of them answered).

Southern mobiles all start 08.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Usual story someone has seen them do it so they wrote a fake name/number so no one bothers to take their reg. Some world we live in!

Airhead

RMS Regular
OP
Airhead
I'm sure there is CCTV - I'll ask later when I'm in (although I've never known the staff there to be particularly helpful so don't hold out much hope). Debatable whether it's worth pursuing for a parking scrape on a 7 year old Peugeot but annoying all the same. It looks much better after a clean up but would still need paint to leave it right.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Some horrible people about. I would think you'll just have to pay for it yourself, they knew exactly what they were doing with that number imo! :mad:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
This is the reason I park in St Anne’s square on level 6... by myself 😂

The only bad thing about it is that it's very tight, I find myself doing about 2 mph as I am terrified of hitting my wheel on the necessarily high kerbs

Airhead

RMS Regular
OP
Airhead
It could well be - it does have that look about it. I'll have a chat with the staff there later to see what their policy is on releasing CCTV but imagine there must be some sort of protocol for data protection etc. Will probably need something official - getting PSNI or solicitor involved. PSNI have more important things to be doing and a solicitor is just more expense. At the end of the day it's just a parking scrape.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Report it. Same happened to me when I was at tech and the police were able to call to the neighbouring school to get the reg from CCTV. It’s leaving the scene of an accident or something if I recall. Worst of it was I reported it to the tech and they said nobody had left a number...turned out they had!

KevM

RMS Regular
I know a Joe Finnegan. I know a lot of guys that would leave his details as a joke also unfortunately

bill

Banned
That may look worst than what it looks it my with a bit of work buff out somewhat.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
The only bad thing about it is that it's very tight, I find myself doing about 2 mph as I am terrified of hitting my wheel on the necessarily high kerbs

I don't find it as bad as some multi storeys.
People do tend to park far out in the spaces on the entries / exits of the ramps, which can leave it tight to get round in fairness.
That Hi-park would be worse mind you.
Some of the Dublin ones are worse again.
I don't know how you'd get anything bigger than a hatch around some of them.