WRC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Gutted for them :worried:. There's so little margin for error on those stages, its crazy.

Don't know if he was 'pushing' or not, but he was in the lead of a WRC event, on the final day, by a handful of seconds.... You shouldn't be in the WRC if your not going for the win in those circumstances imho. I reckon his late mentor would be the first one to follow that strategy!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Do you think Kris Meeke will be in the WRC next year?

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Meeke is media friendly, genuinely happy to be in the WRC and crucially, the only driver who can trade times with Ogier and Latvala. Of the current crop of drivers, who is quicker than Meeke?

Also, who are the available drivers for the Citroen seats? Meeke, Osberg and who else? Sebastian Chardonnet? Dramatic return for Sebastian Ogier?

Osberg has to be on thinner ice than Meeke. Unless Ostberg is bringing big finance to the team.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
I think he'll get another year to be honest. There seems this year to be an acceptance that there is alot of events he hasn't done before and he is driving to 'get experience'. I wouldn't imagine the team telling him to drive like that if there wasn't a plan for at least a couple of seasons behind the wheel. Given his age now though... I can't see it being much more than that though.. (call me a cynic!). Before Germany, i was pretty confident he'd be able to finish as top 'non VW' driver in the championship. I think he can still do it, but winning today would just have been the clincher :worried:.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Citroen want results and have been struggling for drivers since Ogier, Loeb and Neuville left.

There is support from fans to see Petter Solberg back in the WRC. But what would he bring? He's been off the stages for a number of years now and even when he was competing with Subaru, he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Its hard to imagine that he would suddenly stick a DS3 on top of the podium. And the WRC DS3 is pretty different from his rallycross DS3.

Equally Consani isn't pulling up any trees in ERC, either.

KevM

RMS Regular
You'll see M-Sport pulling out.

No Qatar funding and only a half arsed campaign in 2014 with Hirvonen washed-up and young Evans, who shows consistency but no raw pace. I would say Kubica is single-handedly (pardon the pun) bank-rolling the whole Ford operation with his repair bill as a guaranteed profit opportunity for Malcolm & Co!

Sam.

RMS Regular

Wouldn't surprise me if VW grab somebody else to join Mikkelsen on VW Motorsport II. Lappi?

Last edited:

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
M-Sport sell loads of competition cars and would continue in some form or other. But a title sponsor or manufacturer backing would help them step it up. Mikko has lost his mojo and has to be on his way out. Tannak is bound to be their best option there. I'm not convinced Evans is the real deal, then I look at his points tally and see that he has more than Kris Meeke :worried:

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Which is probably OK, as long as he isn't part of the main Citroen Total Abu Dhabi team.

Citroen mechanics must be looking forward to the overtime already

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
As much as I like Petter, I thought he was less than impressive with M-Sport in 2012. He's having a right time of it in GlobalRX at the minute, leading the series (Incidently, for anyone who doesn't watch it, Eurosport cover it and its fracking awesome.), so other than money, I can't think of why he's want to come back to be honest.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
IIRC the old Citroen Junior Team WRC cars didn't have much/any Total branding? So maybe.

Kubica's livery from WRC2.

Robert_Kubica_Rally_Finland_2013_Surkee.JPG

Last edited:

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
WRC Germany highlights on ITV4 shortly at 6:25pm for anyone interested

Last edited:

Sam.

RMS Regular
Matton said: “In one way for sure we are disappointed - we were leading, and on the way to continue our run of victories in Germany - but on the other way, if I want to be positive, Kris was doing a wonderful job since the beginning of the weekend, getting closer and closer to his first victory. Okay, now we have to take a little bit of time to accept that we did not win in Germany, but I’m really happy and positive for the future and certainly for Australia.”

Matton denied that Meeke’s crash would affect his chances of getting an extension to his current season contract at the Citroen Total Abu Dhabi squad. “It will change nothing. Last year he did some mistakes also at the end of rallies and I took him this year. I’m only looking at what he’s doing on the rallies and I’m really happy with what he has done. Its only a small mistake but I think that we are closer and closer to the fact that he will be able to win a rally.”
Source: http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/august/yves-backs-meeke/page/1710--12-12-.html (y)

If that is Matton's attitude, maybe we could see Petter next season?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.