WRC 2015 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Better pictures of the mint with a hole:

image.jpg
image.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Can't wait to see them all slipping & sliding in Monte-Carlo :grinning: (if only in person)

I think Ogier will have added confidence this year after his 2nd championship, hopefully he doesn't run away with it early doors.

Hope Hyundai & Citroen can keep pace with the VW's, not sure about M-Sport this year again - neither car or driver line-up is the best.

Roll on Monte-Carlo!

Sam.

RMS Regular
JML will have more confidence after last season, he really seems to be getting it together. I'd love him to win the championship this year.

Is the Polo the only 100% 2015 spec WR car? Hyundai are changing to the new i20 (I think) and Citroen have their upgrade plan. Not sure about M-Sport either @coops! - their 2015 car isn't ready until ~Portugal.

Cess

RMS Staff
All cars have the new hydraulic shift beside the steering wheel

DS3 has new engine and new suspension, with new aero and suspension upgrades later in the year.

Fiesta gets a new engine by Portugal.

Volkswagen say 75% of the car has changed. Only substantial differences appear to be gear shift, which applies to everybody and the new wing.

Sam.

RMS Regular
Volkswagen say 75% of the car has changed. Only substantial differences appear to be gear shift, which applies to everybody and the new wing.
Complete new gearbag in the Polo too it seems - http://www.crash.net/wrc/news/212971/1/ogier-new-gearbox-is-real-progress.html

JML happy as well :cool:
Jari-Matti Latvala said:
“The new car feels really good, and we are ready for the new season – at last. We will be using the shift paddle on the steering wheel to change gear this year, and I really like it. On the whole, the new Polo is faster and even better than the 2014 car. I am not the only one to feel that way – Sébastien and Andreas agree with me. There is no question about it, we are looking forward to the 2015 season.”

Cess

RMS Staff
Trust me, all teams have new gearboxes. :grinning: Its not new tech, either. They changed the homologation rules to allow them to replace the sequential clunker with the paddle/joystick thingamajig.

Its similar to the system Robert Krashbica has been using and in this article it makes reference to a hydraulical activated system in the DS3 RRC http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/motors...31646655363/robert-kubica-paddle-shift-system

VW are just playing up their car.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Kubica Flat Out at Test Rallye Monte Carlo 2015:

My bets are he did his usual stunt at the end, went quiet haha

Last edited:

Sam.

RMS Regular
Finally, WRC+ will be available in the UK without using a proxy/VPN (From Monte on)(y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Maybe if you wanted to see every stage live.

Otherwise ITV4 probably does the job (or Motors TV, BT Sport, etc., if you have pay TV).

Sam.

RMS Regular
WRC+ is worth it for me (£30 for the year until the end of this month with discount code WRC2015). Cheaper than BTSport. Having the GPS tracking and in-car videos is nice too but I wouldn't pay for them on their own.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
TIL - that WRC drivers are allowed to drive the stages before the event. But national rally drivers are not, they only get official pace notes and a couple of videos of somebody else driving the stages.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.