WRC- Rallye Deutschland

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
Highlights were on ITV1 today. Anyone see Petter Solberg's crash? He analiated a WRC Subaru Impreza. Will try to find pics!

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
seriously scary stuff...

Phil Mills is a lucky man... don't think i've ever seen a current WRC car, with a cage so collasped...

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Yup! Agree Comms! I was totally surprised by how badly the car was crushed.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
makes you wonder about the sanity of having large blocks of concrete by the side of the road used as a special stage!

NIXR2

RMS Regular
I recorded it. Just watched it!!! One of the worst crashes in the WRC in a long time.

Two very lucky men walking away from that !!!

Damn it Solberg out again!!!

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
The stages were based in a tank firing range in Germany. The surface was broken concrete, it was very very wet and some of the drivers were running hand cut slicks. I think (hopefully Comms will correct me here) Solberg came round a left handed bend at pace, the car slid nose first on the wet tarmac, hit a hinkelstein (a large concrete object embedded right on the side of the road, designed to keep the tanks on track) and was kicked several feet up in the air and continued to roll down the stage.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
yup. TV coverage showed one of the concrete blocks with a mere 'scuff' mark where he first hit it. but by the looks of that roof, i'd say hes hit another one squarely on the topside to push the cage so much... I'm still stunned at how a navigator walks away looking at that photo! Its a good job the navigators seats tend to be set very low in the car...

minis

freaky accident alright on the in-car of it shown on eurosport phil mills is pushed rite down in an older car he would definately ave been killed but as his sitting lower cos of the whole centre of gravity thing that saved him!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.