Write off's

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

shaughey

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 530D
Wront of my new car a few days ago and it wasnt my fault im just wondering does anyone know how long it usually takes for me to get the money from the fellas insurance company cos i need a new motor.

Marc

RMS Moderator
depends on how quickly he admits liability.. is he definately at fault and will not contest it?

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
No im 3rd party fire and theft and i expect he might contest it but it was defo his fault and i have 2 witnesses on my side so i cant see them listening to him. whats my insurance type got to do with it B A shouldnt make a diff when its not my fault will it???

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
If he's going to contest it, expect to be in it for the long haul. Doubt it be this side of christmas OR next christmas, if thats what your thinking.

Did the police come out and make a report?
Did you admit any liabilty at the scene?

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
If you are fully comp your insurance will get you a hire car, and fix your own up front.

They will then claim the costs back of the other guys insurance in due course.

If you are third party only though, you are screwed :worried:

jamesy

big cyril

RMS Regular
You'll get the money eventually if it is decided the other guy was at fault, just that you'll not get the money until the the thing is decided where as fully comp will payout promptly and fight about who's at fault at their leisure.
Hopefully the other guy will not contest it.

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
fs i though they would pay out for the car quick enough yea i got took away in an ambulance so the cops were on the scene and got all the witnesses and stuff so theres not much he can say about it

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
i only got the car a few weeks ago and when i changed the insurance over i was gona go fully comp but i only half 4 months left on the pollicy and they were gonna change me the same as a full year so i said no ill wait. wish i had have now

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
fs just lucky i hadnt sold the old car yet looks like ill be drivin that again for a while eeerrrr

Marc

RMS Moderator
unlucky, but if he is gonna contest it you will be in for the long fight with insurance companies

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
gutted i only got the car a few weeks ago was plannin on doin it up a bit but its sittin in bits in my garden haha unlucky!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just wondering, what happens to NCB if it is someone else's fault? Do you still loose your NCB?

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
No you don't lose your NCB if they are at fault and you don't claim off your own insurance...

I have heard Quinn Direct pay out very quickly so if he's with them you might be in with a slightly better chance of getting your money soon.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
i had a crash a year ago, i contested it at the scene but was tricked into admitting liability with the cops, anyway i had it paid within 3 weeks. its injury claims that will take longer than the property claim, as soon as there is liability it should get paid??

pablo

RMS Moderator
Just wondering, what happens to NCB if it is someone else's fault? Do you still loose your NCB?

you lose it until the matter is resolved afaik. mate was in a crash that took ages to get sorted (other party at fault) and when renewal came he had to go with 0NCB or maybe 1YR.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
you lose it until the matter is resolved afaik. mate was in a crash that took ages to get sorted (other party at fault) and when renewal came he had to go with 0NCB or maybe 1YR.

would that not only be in an instance where you have fully comp insurance, so your own insurance company will be paying out in the short term. surely if your third party... and the third partys company is paying out, you don't need to go near your own insurance company?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.