Wrong info on a summon??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

facedownassup

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4
Was just wondering . . I got a summons in today for a speeding offence a wee while ago but it says on it that I had a provisional licence but i didnt i had my full, was a month away from coming out of my R plates.

Does this mean anything

therock

RMS Regular
That's the same information that the magistrate will be provided with when your case comes up, so get on the bell ASAP to them.

Would save a lot of hassle.

belfastchris

RMS Regular
Drives
E61msport
had you passed your test but just hadnt applied for the full licence? as i still hadnt bothered for over a year after passing my test before bothering to apply for mine

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Its ok. The judicial system is allowed to make a cock up of everything, and you still get prosecuted.
Motorists dont have any rights.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
its nothing more than a clerical error. get it fixed. its not a get-out-of-jail-free mistake.

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
You still havent said what speed in what limit of road yet.

does it matter? thats not what he was asking in the original post.

As said, we motorists get shafted but the legal system can make as many cock ups as they like :party:

Johnski

RMS Regular
Hardly a 'major cock up'...

When did you apply to get your full licence, i.e send away the cert of compentancy and your L licence to get changed into the pink licence?

Clerical staff at laganside wont be able to give you any advice, police and pps deal with summons. Phone the officer concerned about the problem or alternatively phone the station and ask to speak to the summons department.

MYCFB

RMS Regular
Was still in "R" plates doing more than 45 doesnt matter on the speed its not wat the person is asking

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Hardly a 'major cock up'...

When did you apply to get your full licence, i.e send away the cert of compentancy and your L licence to get changed into the pink licence?

Clerical staff at laganside wont be able to give you any advice, police and pps deal with summons. Phone the officer concerned about the problem or alternatively phone the station and ask to speak to the summons department.

So its ok for people to get prosecuted, when police evidence, or legal paperwork is incorrect ?
I guess its ok for them to tell lies in order to secure convictions then. Is it even the right person they sent it to ? Sure...as long as someone owns up....who cares.

Major, minor...it doesnt matter. If its wrong, its wrong. The law doesnt take pity on us as motorists, so why would anyone in their right mind, defend them when they make errors ?

I was in court many years ago, and the prosecutor told a total pack of lies, exaggerating my alleged offence big time. When it was pointed out that this was all lies, and they then admitted so, the judge didnt give a toss. Guilty anyway, I had no chance of a defence..
Dont care, young driver bla bla bla....

Ghost

RMS Regular
everyone is human...people make mistakes...im sure everyone here has made a mistake at somestage...If it makes u happy:party: , complain to the summons department.......Feel the satisfaction ^o)

Johnski

RMS Regular
So its ok for people to get prosecuted, when police evidence, or legal paperwork is incorrect ?
I guess its ok for them to tell lies in order to secure convictions then. Is it even the right person they sent it to ? Sure...as long as someone owns up....who cares.

Major, minor...it doesnt matter. If its wrong, its wrong. The law doesnt take pity on us as motorists, so why would anyone in their right mind, defend them when they make errors ?

I was in court many years ago, and the prosecutor told a total pack of lies, exaggerating my alleged offence big time. When it was pointed out that this was all lies, and they then admitted so, the judge didnt give a toss. Guilty anyway, I had no chance of a defence..
Dont care, young driver bla bla bla....

The bottom line is this is a speeding offence which is pretty straight forward. The error isnt with the evidence itself if i've read this correctly its that the summons states that the driver had a 'provisional licence'. Nothing to do with whether they were speeding or not.

Hence this minor error can be sorted out either before the matter gets to court or on the day itself. You seem to be using this example to raise more general issues not least of which an occasion you've had yourself with the court.

At the end of the day the laws are there to protect us, well thats the idea anyway. No ones saying that innocent people should get prosecuted but i think your missing the point. To use this example the fact is this person was speeding and the only error as i said before was the fact they have been noted as having a 'provisional licence'. Nothing to do with the motorist being innocent and being taken to court unjustly.

big cyril

RMS Regular
I think much of the dissatifaction with traffic law at present is the widely held public perception that the law is not actually being used to protect us - the main target is the generally law abiding motorist who is prosecuted with the full weight of the law for the relatively minor transgressions of parking offences or speeding yet the more dangerous and serious car related crimes such as dangerous driving (and we've all seen that) car theft and joyriding seem to be much less of a priority and if they are caught, the courts do not seem interested in differentiating between the minor offences and the serious ones.

facedownassup

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Audi A4
doesnt matter what speed i was doing i know i have broke the law and now have to take my punishment on the chin

i was just worried that maybe i was gonna get more than i deserved when i went to court ie - driving unsupervised with an "L" licence

I had passed my test but just hadnt got round to apply for me full licence

keegs86

RMS Regular
Drives
Pug 206
aye they make mistakes that can get alot of us in trouble.i was nearly getting done last year for GBH when i was nowhere near the place they said it happened.i had just got out of car at xtra vision.

few moths later they called and after getting arrested and all the crap they said they werent taking it any further.no baw i thought till i got a letter from the prosecution service.they arent doing any thing now themselves but so much for the cops saying they werent taking it any further.

rybo

RMS Regular
Even if the police recommend No Further Action, a file must be sent to the PPS who will make the final decision & notify those concerned.

keegs86

RMS Regular
Drives
Pug 206
oh right didnt know that.lol.will have to say sorry for all the names i called them now.lol.

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
in fairness it's hardly a mistake by them, you did say you passed your test but had not got around to applying for your full license,
well i hate to tell you chum, technically you are still driving on your provisional, the only thing that let's you drive unsupervised is the fact you have a test pass certificate!
now unless there are pixies who work by night in the world that are supposed to change the computers over once you pass your test and get the wee certificate, i dare say that the computers would not get updated until this wee cirtificate and your provisional off which your driving on, do not get changed until you actually send them off to the address, which i dare say the driving examiner would off told you! anyone i know got told, and anyone i know was so excited they got there test, that they headed home to get it mailed off so as they could have there proper license!

now having your pass certificate and license is not a crime, as you have to get it changed over within a year or 2, i cant remember which, maybe the pixies spoken about before could remind me
and just cause you told us you were still on your r's does not lead me to believe that youhave been driving under a year, when i first seen this i thought that you were such a wise driver, and thought maybe you had some sort off previous driving infringement before hand, therefore a longer restricted period!

case closed, bring out sherlock holmes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.