wrong tax disk!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dturbopug

whats the penalty for having the wrong tax disk on a car!!!!! (i.e. tax disk fraud as the copper said), person ones the two cars and put the tax disk of one on the other, but it is moted and insured, and it was parked not any one driving it, although it was on a public road!!!!

pablo

RMS Moderator
if u get caught then I assume you will get fined. usually pay back tax till it was last taxed.

merlin

RMS Regular
It's called fraud as you said.

If the cop wanted to be a real git he could push for driving with invalid insurance as to insure a car it must be roadworthy therefore must have tax.

merlin

RMS Regular
You sure?

AKAIK Your car is insured as roadworthy and not having tax on it means that it isn't.

At the end of the day it's all up to the individual officers discretion as to whether to do you for just no tax or the full lot.

pablo

RMS Moderator
a piece of paper IMO doesnt make the car unroadworthy.

be worth clarifying but even no MOT can still allow the car to be insured as long as its mechanically roadworthy.

merlin

RMS Regular
pablo said:
a piece of paper IMO doesnt make the car unroadworthy.

be worth clarifying but even no MOT can still allow the car to be insured as long as its mechanically roadworthy.

Thats only if you have an exemption certificate, if the car has no mot you get done for no mot, how do you assess that a car is roadworthy without putting it throught the mot? :?

Might have to make a few phone calls lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
you can have a valid MOT and the car be a bag of rust. The insurance assessor will determine if the car was mechanically ok I guess.

merlin

RMS Regular
pablo said:
you can have a valid MOT and the car be a bag of rust. The insurance assessor will determine if the car was mechanically ok I guess.

lol Im getting confused here,

If your car is a bag of rust and has mot it doesnt matter, it has been deemed roadworthy.

If an assessor comes out to view a car that has is insured and taxed but not mot'd they will refuse to pay out.

I had an assessor come to view a crashed car of mine which was mot'd and taxed and they had no problem paying out, however when he arrived I had another car outside with no mot and he mistook it for the car I was claiming for and said I wouldn't get anything as it wasn't roadworthy (He was very apologetic when I pointed out the correct car had mot)

I think this has gone waaaay off topic lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
so a car is ok if the shocks are leaking oil, the bushes are all fecked, the engine is leaking oil, the exhaust is blowing out and hanging off, the tyres are worn etc but it has a valid MOT from 11 months ago?

Im sure you could argue the car was roadworthy etc in a claim :grinning:

merlin

RMS Regular
pablo said:
so a car is ok if the shocks are leaking oil, the bushes are all fecked, the engine is leaking oil, the exhaust is blowing out and hanging off, the tyres are worn etc but it has a valid MOT from 11 months ago?

Im sure you could argue the car was roadworthy etc in a claim :grinning:

lol yep, if it has a disc and certificate then it is lol crazy world we live in and I know of some non-mot'd cars that are in far better condition than ones with mot.

right nearly home time :grinning:

Gambit

RMS Regular
im near enough sure if i had to claim id have a bit of bother with the insurers.

Isle of Man reg'd cars dont need an MOT unless they have been untaxed/off the road for more than 2years

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
Tax doesnt mean a crap to insures over here!!! Sure you need insurance to get your tax meaning that a lot of people insure untaxed cars!!!!

aNY WAY GETTING OFF THE POINT HERE LADS!!!

Marc

RMS Moderator
if you have the untaxed car declared sorn and are spotted driving it you will get fined and have to pay back tax...also will proib get done with fraud if stopped by the cops.

gixerboy

RMS Regular
Drives
2.4JTD, Mille R
Fraudulent use of a tax disc!!

Usually a court appearance!!

Busted for this a few years ago.. I got away with an Adult caution at the discretion of the station sgt.. PHEW!!

big cyril

RMS Regular
To go back to the original question - is it that you have two cars both of which are taxed and you got the discs mixed up or have you got two cars but only one tax disc between them?

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Just act stupid and say u were changin holders or summit and got the 2 discs messed up.

That is if they both have tax, cant really tell from the way u have written it in ur post!

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
Nah only one had tax, cos got a ticket for no tax on the car that i had the tax disk on!!!!! Fraudulant use of a tax disk is my problem!!! I have bak dated the tax etc now though!!!

Gixer what did you say to just get a caution!!!!

gixerboy

RMS Regular
Drives
2.4JTD, Mille R
Did you get the constables name & station? if so phone to see when he is on duty so you can get a chat with him to see what is going to happen!!

The station sgt decided not to go with court proceedings!! Must have been my charming manner!! ;)

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
think you will get a court appearance and around a 150 quid fine, as well as having to pay back tax

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.