WTD Mini Cooper S 03/04

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I ended up with a cravenspeed 15% reduced pulley and shorter belt.

They really fly with the pulley done on them

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Oh and if you search my thread you can see the wee airbox mod I did which gives a bit of extra whine and a bit of power. Wasn't dear to do.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
As Coog has said, use the part.no and code. Can be got for around 370 at best. You can also get the the K&N intake pod also pn# 508774561

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
As Coog has said, use the part.no and code. Can be got for around 370 at best. You can also get the the K&N intake pod also pn# 508774561

Found it but Can't get it less than £397 chris .

Pulleys seems to be about £65 for just the belt and wheel - Kavs off eBay...are they easy to fit?

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
That's what I paid too but if you hang on for a code is do-able.
Kavs on ebay or alta with gates belt. Don't tend to slip. Then plugs code 408991440 work out about £8.50

simy

RMS Regular
Difficult to find things on that site unless you have the part numbers. Any pics of the new purchase @Lappintyre ?
Not wishing to hijack the thread but any thoughts on coliovers for the R53? Teins, KW clubsports or any mid range alternatives? (Minitourque isn't the friendliest forum for sully questions.)

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Not much of a pic, but you get the idea, it's not immaculate, but honest and original from what I can tell, lifting it tomorrow.

IMG_3371.JPG

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Difficult to find things on that site unless you have the part numbers. Any pics of the new purchase @Lappintyre ?
Not wishing to hijack the thread but any thoughts on coliovers for the R53? Teins, KW clubsports or any mid range alternatives? (Minitourque isn't the friendliest forum for sully questions.)

What's your budget? Fit and forget, KW V1. Budget, APs (no inbox coating on threads but made by KW. Fast road and occasional track day, KW Clubsports or Cobra - not the most suitable for a daily though.
Mostly hobo wabs on mini torque but good knowledge base if you can filter out the sh1te talk and **** swinging (y)

simy

RMS Regular
I've no intention of engaging over there to be honest, lurking and learning for me. Caught your old build thread there @Deezer-D , inspirational stuff. New clutch is a priority, then coilovers and new wheels. Hard to find something that hasn't been done before though...

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I've no intention of engaging over there to be honest, lurking and learning for me. Caught your old build thread there @Deezer-D , inspirational stuff. New clutch is a priority, then coilovers and new wheels. Hard to find something that hasn't been done before though...

Best to not poke the bear over there! You can spend money very quickly on them but they are a hoot with a few choice mods and decent tyres.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Wtf?

Search for part number 912123191

Then a wee offer code and should be around £400 ish delivered, which is cheap enough for one.

@Coog , is that one resonated or non? Which are you running? Reading that the non is the only way to go??

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Didn't map mine, no. If you were to do injectors and a cam you'd probably want to look into mapping. You might also want to look into intercoolers. I'm on the standard one but I think some folk change theirs.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Bunch of ball bags. Complete and utter ball bags.

I've spent the past few hours looking at Cooper S's ffs. I've had a few spirited drives in them previously and always knew they were a hoot, but never considered actually looking to buy 1...

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Bunch of ball bags. Complete and utter ball bags.

I've spent the past few hours looking at Cooper S's ffs. I've had a few spirited drives in them previously and always knew they were a hoot, but never considered actually looking to buy 1...

Lol!! Get it done, can't believe I never did it sooner!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.