Wanted: Xbox Hard Drive

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Anyone got an old hard drive they would part with? It's to fit to my 4GB slim console.

I thought I had one from my old Xbox, but I can't find the fecker.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Would that fit my Xbox slim console, Michael? I have no idea about this kind of stuff.

I'll Google it here to see.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Computer says no, Michael. Looks like I'll have to buy a new 250GB drive...fook that, it'll do rightly for all the use it gets.

Thanks anyway.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
I remember reading a while back that you could crack open the old style Hard Drive casing, pull out the Hard Drive and insert it into a Hard Drive case (available on ebay for a few quid) and insert that into the slim console.

Might be worth looking into. Tried to research it for you here in work but a lot of websites are blocked.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
I remember reading a while back that you could crack open the old style Hard Drive casing, pull out the Hard Drive and insert it into a Hard Drive case (available on ebay for a few quid) and insert that into the slim console.

Might be worth looking into. Tried to research it for you here in work but a lot of websites are blocked.

Thanks dude, sounds like something I would completely balls up though.

Might have a look on Ebay here to see if I could buy a cheap hard drive that will fit straight on. (y)

Shaun

RMS Regular
I have a 60gb here from my old xbox that broke. Hopefully getting another tomorrow but not sure what size it is, so depending what hard drive it comes with ill let you know...

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
On a similar vein, I've just got a 60gb hd from fleabay for £20 delivered.

Does anyone have a data transfer cable I can borrow to shift my data from my 20 to the new hdd?

Thanks in advance

joegcoupe

RMS Regular
Drives
Jeep Patriot 2.0
plug in a portable hard drive and format it
I've the xbox arcade with 256mb memory and a 10gb pen drive attached to it :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.