Wanted: XXX 90 registration

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Looking a nice plate for my JzX. Don’t fancy a j2x plate so after a nice early reasonably priced XXX 90… anything out there?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
It's a starting price on an auction. Also have to factor in vat and other stupid buyers fees they have when thinking of those auction plates. Have seen a few different plates go for hundreds more through auction than similar equivalent advertised for direct purchase price. People are stupid sometimes.

Chris100

RMS Regular
£170 ask price is class compared to those whank plates at £1200

They always go for way above that, you usually won’t get anything decent below £1500.

I am bidding on two on the current auction, both went way over this in the first day and the auction usually lasts 5 days.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
Iv never bought off the gov auction, so say I registered- does it just notify you when you’re out bid etc? & do people do the e-bay special last 10 second bids to catch each other out?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yep, you get a txt and an email each time you are outbid.

If you put in your max bid it will just auto bid for you up to that amount as the bids increase.

Interesting. I thought the dvla auctions jumped straight to the max bid, regardless of what else was on.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Interesting. I thought the dvla auctions jumped straight to the max bid, regardless of what else was on.

Mine definitely didn’t the other day, my max bid was £500. At that time the current winning bid was £320 I think, my bid jumped to £370. And then later that night it went up £500. Stayed that way for about 24 hours, I think the current winning bid is £520.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Mine definitely didn’t the other day, my max bid was £500. At that time the current winning bid was £320 I think, my bid jumped to £370. And then later that night it went up £500. Stayed that way for about 24 hours, I think the current winning bid is £520.
Definitely didn’t last time I bought off them. Just went to next highest bid to win. I don’t mind the sliding end time, takes the stress out of it.

Excellent.