Yet another speeding post

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
Nice little letter sitting waiting for me today, a summons for speeding, im up in July. I was scouped at 85 in a 60 silly me thought id actually got away with it lol.

Any how not here for sympathy but just wondering would I need to be worrying about a ban or just a fine and points? (licence is clean at the minute)

-Pete-

RMS Regular
fine and points im sure, although id say it would be 3 points and a fine usually but could be six

big cyril

RMS Regular
Was it a camera van?
Where?
How long have you been driving?
Were there other factors eg overtaking, weather etc?
These are things which will affect the outcome but presumably you are not an 'R' driver so I would have thought a ban very unlikely, in fact you were only marginally over the limit for 3 points (82 IIRC?)

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
OP
B A Baracus
Drives
Fergie TVO
I was just about to write cue big cyril lol!!

big cyril said:
Was it a camera van? I passed an unmarked jeep
Where? Some country road near coleraine
How long have you been driving? 12years
Were there other factors eg overtaking, weather etc? Bit damp and dark yeah overtaking
These are things which will affect the outcome but presumably you are not an 'R' driver so I would have thought a ban very unlikely, in fact you were only marginally over the limit for 3 points (82 IIRC?)

To be honest id 2 illegal tyres at the time which he didnt spot and he said I passed him on chevrons which apparently is dangerous driving but he said hed let that go :party:

big cyril

RMS Regular
Depends on the chevrons - they are there to separate lines of traffic around junctions etc but it's not illegal to enter the area unless the line bounding the chevrons is solid.
If it's not solid then the area may be entered if you can see the area is clear, altho' obviously not before the hazard they are trying to protect.

Kiffer

Drives
98 Teg Type R
Make sure you look really smart when you go to court. A suit and a tie can sometimes make them go easier on you if the Judge is in a good mood. An ex boss of mine got done racing an unmarked car away from some lights in a Belfast. They clocked him at 48, court in a suit and tie, 3 points and a fine. Good luck mate.(y)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
get a good solicitor, and if the charge is dangerous or careless driving consider a barrister - it shows you are taking things seriously...

if the charge is speeding, a solicitor should do

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
OP
B A Baracus
Drives
Fergie TVO
Big Pimp said:
get a good solicitor, and if the charge is dangerous or careless driving consider a barrister - it shows you are taking things seriously...

if the charge is speeding, a solicitor should do

Do I even need one or can I just go up and say im a silly william, (its just speeding)?

Dieselpowered

RMS Regular
Drives
Type R GT Champ
maybe im just silly for thinking this, but i thought the police had to be in a marked car to use a speed gun??

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
OP
B A Baracus
Drives
Fergie TVO
Dieselpowered said:
maybe im just silly for thinking this, but i thought the police had to be in a marked car to use a speed gun??

Naw mate I passed them and they said they had me over a distance of 1.3 miles at that speed, unmarked jeep which looked like it had just came out of a field lol

merlin

RMS Regular
Dieselpowered said:

Your right, maybe you are silly. :p

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
I would of thought so to as they are supposed to be in a noticeable place when they have a speed gun

Dieselpowered

RMS Regular
Drives
Type R GT Champ
merlin said:
Your right, maybe you are silly. :p

it has been sed before lol. So BA did they follow you int he keep for 1.3 miles using an on board video camera, or did they follow you with a speen gun in the car?

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
OP
B A Baracus
Drives
Fergie TVO
Dieselpowered said:
it has been sed before lol. So BA did they follow you int he keep for 1.3 miles using an on board video camera, or did they follow you with a speen gun in the car?

In his statement he said he followed me at a safe distance keeping to the same speed as me and continually checked his speedo which read 85mph

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
does doesn't it! i thought they had to be able to show you you were speeding ie a camera, lazer gun or video...... you then have to admit to the offence bla bla bla!!!

i'd have my day in court on that alone, revise your statement say you were doing 60 and the officer has made a mistake, basically comes down to your work against theres!!!

sexxxo-vtr

Drives
330ci sport
they have to prove it, i work with a police officer (part-time officer) and he told me if u get caught speeding deny all knowledge unless ther is a camera on board or sum means of proving ur speed, just say they must not have a calibrated speedo!and stick to your story that u were doing 60!

Dieselpowered

RMS Regular
Drives
Type R GT Champ
sexxxo-vtr said:
they have to prove it, i work with a police officer (part-time officer) and he told me if u get caught speeding deny all knowledge unless ther is a camera on board or sum means of proving ur speed, just say they must not have a calibrated speedo!and stick to your story that u were doing 60!

same thing ive herd.

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
B A Baracus said:
Do I even need one or can I just go up and say im a silly william, (its just speeding)?

last time my mate was in court for speeding, he represented himself and got off very lightly, 3 points and a fine, considering he was in a 30 at the time doing 45. anytime before he'd taken a solicitor, the judge was really hard on him.

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
OP
B A Baracus
Drives
Fergie TVO
sexxxo-vtr said:

Has anyone else tried this? I didnt admit to doing 85 and he hasnt said I have in his statement

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Who`s not to say they where doing 80mph to catch you that doesnt mean u where doing 80.

Never admit to anything. They tried that on my one night tried todo me for speeding lol.

tdcizetec

Krisclio ( SQD ) said:
last time my mate was in court for speeding, he represented himself and got off very lightly, 3 points and a fine, considering he was in a 30 at the time doing 45. anytime before he'd taken a solicitor, the judge was really hard on him.

Thats a bit harsh going to court for 45 in 30. I always thought you had to be 20mph+ over the limit for court.

A waste of time for the courts IMO.

daz_bora

Drives
VW Bora TDi
sexxxo-vtr said:

Sounds like a good idea, but if anything, i would say ya were doing 65mph, just so that you arent ripping the arsse out of it

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
wait and see what speed they have proof for they are prob counting on you to go in with ur hands up saying yea i was speeding

but shudnt the unmarked jeep have a onboard cam?
i wud lie like fook until they proved it was speeding

your call mate , good luck

Woodsie

RMS Regular
Drives
F21 125d
Was there 2 officers in the jeep?

2 police officers making a statement both saying they clocked you at 85mph or whatever is enough evidence to have you convicted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.