Yet another speeding post

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

therock

RMS Regular
I imagine a TD jeep would be a bit of a struggle to even get to 85 in the first place, what kind of jeep was it? Could use official manufacturers figures to prove they couldn't have got to that speed or something ;)

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
B A Baracus said:
Has anyone else tried this? I didnt admit to doing 85 and he hasnt said I have in his statement

i was recently talking to a very high ranked police officer, and he said there are a few ways you can get away with it, weather conditions are one, in heavy rain the machine can get false values and the rain messes with the lazers apparently.

another thing is that a police speed gun MUST be calibrated every morning before it is take out to catch people, this is one to look into, iv heard of people getting off by finding out the camera wasnt calibrated that morning, so the value it shows could be either too fast, or even too slow

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
tdcizetec said:
Thats a bit harsh going to court for 45 in 30. I always thought you had to be 20mph+ over the limit for court.

A waste of time for the courts IMO.

i was busted doing 53 in a 30 and dont have to go to court

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
OP
B A Baracus
Drives
Fergie TVO
Ah shat.

Just read the statements again there, the 2nd officer DID see the speedo and it read 85. But they dont have me on camera/video/or laser doing that speed

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
i got scouped doing 100.3mph in a 70 mph ... anyone any ideas on that? was at half 12 at night on an empty road ...gonna go to a solicitor and see what my chances of keeping the books are

coffey

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
over 100 norm means bye bye license

u'll be lucky to keep it

i got done doin 87 in a 60 a few years ago and just got 3 points and a fine....no court. pretty lucky i thought.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
chunky69 said:
i got scouped doing 100.3mph in a 70 mph ... anyone any ideas on that? was at half 12 at night on an empty road ...gonna go to a solicitor and see what my chances of keeping the books are

How did they catch you out of interest?

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
guy coaught me in his car ...must have been in a lay by or something ...he said that what my calculated average speed was ......a spell without the liscence can only mean i can catch up with my old friend alcohol!

steveo

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
chunky69 said:

I got caught doing and average of 104mph in a 70
It went to court and I got a fine and 5 points
So I’d say you’ll keep the licence

SMB

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
I was stopped doin 53 in a 30.... Got the usual 3 points and £60... Although that same day I did get a £30 fine for no seat belt too... Bastids! £90 in one day on two seperate occasions.. Wasn't a happy bunny!!

rosssei

RMS Regular
MG-Mad said:
I was stopped doin 53 in a 30.... Got the usual 3 points and £60... Although that same day I did get a £30 fine for no seat belt too... Bastids! £90 in one day on two seperate occasions.. Wasn't a happy bunny!!

perhaps kus not wearing a seatbelt is utter stupidity? ^o)

big cyril

RMS Regular
MG-Mad said:

53 in a 30 must have been pretty close to going to court!
I reckon you were lucky to get off with the 3 points.

eg a mate of mine was stopped at 82 in a 60 and the cop told him one more mph and he wouldn't have been able to give him points as it would have to go to court.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.