Yet another speeding query

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

feltlawrence

RMS Regular
Drives
Too many cars
Heading down the A1 dual carridgeway today noticed a police motorcycle fella crouching down with a radar gun. I was doing 65 (limit is 60 at the point I was driving) and slowed to 60 as I approached him. Other cars also did the same. With his hand held radar gun thingy can they prosecute with just that or is he just checking speed of cars and then driving after one if the speed is way over the top?

big cyril

RMS Regular
According to official advice in previous similar posts they could in theory prosecute you through the post from a hairdryer incident without stopping at the time but rarely do.

You'd not get nicked for 65 in a 60 though anyway.

feltlawrence

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Too many cars
Cheers mate, was a wee bit worried but, thinking about it since, there was a cluster of cars all doing about 60+ and I don't think I was singled out by the hairdryer cop.

A lesson though and I must keep me right foot under control.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
10% + 2mph would indicate that you are 3mph under a ticket. Not sure if this applies at 60 though. If they dont supposedly do your for 35 in a 30 they will hardly do you for 65 in a 60.

Your clock will over read too so you probably were only doing 60 anyway.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.