Young Driver 3rd party extension

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Hi all,

did a quick search but didnt come across what im looking for.

Does anyone know any insurance companies at the minute who are allowing the 3rd party extension to under 25 year olds?

I had it in my first year driving but all the bs about needing to be 25 arrived that year and it was removed.

I am 23, 2 years license and 2 ncb and am going fully comp this year on my own car (my policy etc)

Getting best quotes atm from Admiral, Elephant and Bell (car is small engined but modified so still a bit dear to insure )

Cheers for any personal knowledge here guys!

Chris

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
i dont think many companies are doing this anymore due to the amount of young people insuring a 106/306/corsa an driving evo's an scooby's an so on

Darren91

RMS Regular
I had the 3rd party extension on my AXA policy back in 2009.

First policy with a '99 Peugeot 106 (3PFT) in my name and no extra for the extension for a smidge over £2k.

I'd say times have changed now though.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
yeah im not looking to rip it off as I know so many people do, the corsa is my daily driver and own car,
I have however been offered the use of a new insignia any time I want also which is tempting me to ask this question! (not to mention the girlfriends t-sport as well)

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
NFU, currently 23 and have the extension, cover cars and bikes too

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Greenlight as far as I know. You have to be over 21 to be insured with them and have a modified car (may be more performance related) but I had 3rd party rights with them and as far as I remember at 24 with Direct Line I had TP rights too.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Greenlight as far as I know. You have to be over 21 to be insured with them and have a modified car (may be more performance related) but I had 3rd party rights with them and as far as I remember at 24 with Direct Line I had TP rights too.

Greenlight couldnt quote me on the corsa because its a corsa llf and they denied my friend 3P benefits untill he turned 25 there.

If I cant get it I wont be surprised but I thought it was worth asking incase someone knew of a company that I could get it through!
If I do go with Admiral I will buy it by phone and ask during the purchase process anyway incase theres a way of getting it stuck in!

Karlito

RMS Member
Drives
EJ9
I just got insured a week ago with hughes, with Allianz. I'm 21, 3 years no claims and got Third party fire and theft with a third party extension.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Hughes were happy to quote me for it. I did have to pay extra though,had it at 23

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.