Young Driver's Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
My boss's son has just had this fitted cost a bit for the box as well i think, although it did bring his insurance down quite a bit, if he only goes out for work and during the day the premium stays the same but if he goes out late at nights it increases the premium and if he's driving like a knob.

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Cheers for the reply, is there anyway you could find out the insurance company he used?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Cheers for the reply, is there anyway you could find out the insurance company he used?
Ill try to remember to ask the Knobhead boss tomorrow, but if he starts one of his boring as feck conversations, its your fault!!

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
think the aa sent me a letter out.... no chance am i getting it fitted in the scooby lol would end up costing me more than what it is now, but if you do drive sensably could save well over half which would be around 900 quid spare.. thats IF you drive like a granny basically

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
think the aa sent me a letter out.... no chance am i getting it fitted in the scooby lol would end up costing me more than what it is now, but if you do drive sensably could save well over half which would be around 900 quid spare.. thats IF you drive like a granny basically
Well it's going to be for 2 years max. So I'd rather drive like that than not drive at all...

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Try multicar insurance, admiral were about 40% cheaper than the best quote I could find online!

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Nearly sure it's through Autoline. I'm insured through them myself, thankfully I am passed the days of totally extortionate prices now and I have never had any bother with them as a company - great when some liverpudlian twit hit me a couple of years ago!

Way I got round the premiums back in the day was to insure using the folk's address in Scotland...........was ballixed if I had an accident (never thought about this at the time!) but luckily enough I didn't, 450quid 3rd party fire and theft on a 1.6 mk3 golf held together with rust in my own name and got me a vital 1 years no claims. Not the best route to go down but saved me a clean fortune!

Hope the Granny Box gives you a good saving! (y)

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Just spoke to my boss there, his son has the box through the co/op insurance. He was saying if you drive after midnight you get penalised and it monitors all your driving characteristics, acceleration and braking etc. Also you get a years free theft gps tracking with it.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Bit harsh if you work at a bar or something though lol The idea behind it sounds good though, my gf just got her first car on her R's there and we had to fork out £1,300 fully comp :scream:

Anyone know what happened with that proposal to not let new drivers have passengers in their car at night? Again I think that's a bit harsh if it goes ahead, I know Canada works like that though for new drivers, well the province of Manitoba anyway.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
£0 for my first year, £900 for my second, then been hovering around £500-600 the last three years for me :p lol

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Bit harsh if you work at a bar or something though lol The idea behind it sounds good though, my gf just got her first car on her R's there and we had to fork out £1,300 fully comp :scream:

Anyone know what happened with that proposal to not let new drivers have passengers in their car at night? Again I think that's a bit harsh if it goes ahead, I know Canada works like that though for new drivers, well the province of Manitoba anyway.
Is that all? I wish i could get a quote like that. For a cheap, small engined car on 3rd Party insurance, its around £3.5k :scream:

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Just spoke to my boss there, his son has the box through the co/op insurance. He was saying if you drive after midnight you get penalised and it monitors all your driving characteristics, acceleration and braking etc. Also you get a years free theft gps tracking with it.
Fook that lol. There must be a policy which will be a bit more expensive, but lets you drive after midnight. I could live without quick acceleration bursts etc for a year max ;).
Thanks for asking him for me anyway, appreciate it. :grinning:

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
When I was renewing with admiral they offered a £70 discount if I had a black box fitted. No way!

My cousin has one fitted because he drives his mums car. With it he has a curfew, and not allowed to go above 70 ever. Also tracks him and he's not allowed to go into the south!

I paid £900 in my first year in a Saxo VTR as a named driver. Then £1400 in my own name fully comp on my Polo TDI Sport with Elephant, now paying £800 on the Polo with Elephant. Happy with that at 20 with 1 years no claims.

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Just tried getting a quote for my own car with my mum as the policy holder. In shock atm to get such a great price for a 1.9ltr- £959, fully comp, with no Black Box. Think i will end up doing this for a year or so, before setting up my own policy to start collecting NCB :grinning:

Jstring

RMS Member
Drives
E30 325i sport
I paid 3000 my first year (2006) fully comp on a rusty polo worth 200 but it was back in the good old times of quinns third party extension, my Gti twincam corolla was sweet on R plates :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.