Young Driver's Insurance

Cookies

RMS Regular
OP
Cookies
Drives
BMW
I would assume the 208 is a lower group than the Fiesta is maybe the reason?
It is indeed. I expected there to be a bigger price drop by quoting the 208 though, due to the engine size. Made me feel a bit better about having already bought the fiesta lol

davyk31

RMS Regular
To be honest I have found the group doesn’t make a huge difference. Hence I ended up with a rather high group Mini Cooper for my daughter mainly as it looked a lot better than a Mini One 😀

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
My 18 year old not off his R plates yet found compare the market ni cheapest quotes he got ....with or without black box on a 12 207 sportif 1.4 8v from 1400 with to 2250 without black box ....he wanted without🫤 now in a passat b5.5 tdi 130 sport not much hassle to change added maybe 500 to his policy

Cookies

RMS Regular
OP
Cookies
Drives
BMW
My 18 year old not off his R plates yet found compare the market ni cheapest quotes he got ....with or without black box on a 12 207 sportif 1.4 8v from 1400 with to 2250 without black box ....he wanted without🫤 now in a passat b5.5 tdi 130 sport not much hassle to change added maybe 500 to his policy
I'll have a look at that! Cheers 👍

Edit - just ran a quote there, as if he passed his test and on a full license. Cheapest quote - £3200 odd. With a black box too.

Last edited:

Cookies

RMS Regular
OP
Cookies
Drives
BMW
Folks

Any suggestions for insurance would be very gratefully received. He's ready for his test, amd I've ran a few quotes on the usual comparison sites. £3855 on a 1.2 fiesta with a black box (and £1000 voluntary excess).

Niall
Screenshot_20231023_154242_Chrome.jpg

davyk31

RMS Regular
Who is your insurance with? I found the best for my daughter was adding her policy to my Admiral multi car and no black box was needed.

Cookies

RMS Regular
OP
Cookies
Drives
BMW
Who is your insurance with? I found the best for my daughter was adding her policy to my Admiral multi car and no black box was needed.
Our 3 cars are with LV at the minute, so I might just ring them to see what they say. Good idea!

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Folks

Any suggestions for insurance would be very gratefully received. He's ready for his test, amd I've ran a few quotes on the usual comparison sites. £3855 on a 1.2 fiesta with a black box (and £1000 voluntary excess).

Niall View attachment 414678
My word thats wild, Courtney is 18 but only started getting lessons recently, I had in my head around 2k for insurance once she gets her test

Cookies

RMS Regular
OP
Cookies
Drives
BMW
My word thats wild, Courtney is 18 but only started getting lessons recently, I had in my head around 2k for insurance once she gets her test
I was honestly hoping it would be something similar. Complete madness. He might be walking for another while....

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I was honestly hoping it would be something similar. Complete madness. He might be walking for another while....
Courtney isn't even keen, it's been me who's encouraged her to get her test before she's off to Uni, I'll maybe quit that now I've read this

davyk31

RMS Regular
My daughters Mini Cooper was about £2k last year just after she passed. Renewal just gone through this year at about £1100. All with Admiral.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Was Adrian Flux, still to be convinced it was best route to go, but guess will soon see. No curfews but reading plenty of complaints about the older boxes GPS. No idea if the new one is better.

Two and a half months in to this and there's been no hassles. As it's English it doesn't seem to care about 45 restriction here. No curfews, gives a score, gives the odd warning text if pushing your luck and tracks what your projected renewal cost will be based on driving. So far projecting around £900, early days but hopefully stays that way.

Cookies

RMS Regular
OP
Cookies
Drives
BMW
Two and a half months in to this and there's been no hassles. As it's English it doesn't seem to care about 45 restriction here. No curfews, gives a score, gives the odd warning text if pushing your luck and tracks what your projected renewal cost will be based on driving. So far projecting around £900, early days but hopefully stays that way.
I'll def give them a call tomorrow. Cheers.