Young rally superstar follows in fathers footsteps

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tony G

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Skoda
Reigning Northern Ireland rally champion Stuart Biggerstaff has already started 2011 in winning ways after being awarded the prestigious British Motorsport Marshals Club driver of the year 2010, which was presented by the club's Vice Chairman Robert Coursey at the ANICC awards dinner held at the Armagh City Hotel on Saturday, 22nd January.

Robert said "This award recognises the fact that Stuart has kept the club's voluntary membership entertained throughout the year out on the rally stages of Northern Ireland and has shown great maturity for his age and in winning the championship title Stuart has also become the youngest ever champion, beating the previous record held by 2008 champion, Connor McCloskey, by four months."

It is all so fitting that as Stuart joins a prestigious list of past winners, exactly 20 years this year since his father Denis Biggerstaff also received the award, making them the only father and son recipients of the David Gillespie Trophy. Stuart said when receiving the award "It is a privilege to be awarded the marshals driver of the year as it is a very special award chosen by the people closest to the action.

Next year I am
planning to compete in the Northern Ireland Rally Championship, but I just have to take
it one event at a time. I learnt alot last year and know that I still have alot to learn this year." Further information on marshalling can be found at www.marshals.co.uk and Stuart can be followed on his facebook page Stuart Biggerstaff Motorsport.

Tony G BMMC NI PRO

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Excellent, nice trophy to win, my father won it 3-4yrs ago (John Leinster).. maybe someday i can win to! in the mean time, good luck to Stuart and next seasons Rallying.

Also like to say, well done to the BMMC Marshalls for keeping up the hard work Rain, Hail or shine :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.