Z4 Bulbs help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

carslover

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi a5 cabriol
not the first time, am asking, but got some hid h7 bulb to put in to the z4, acoording to a few menber is should be easy enough. but when to the garage today and the guy pop the bonnet up, he was liek,,,,, oh pass, is require the whole bumper off!!! and he can't do it... is do look complicated because everything is cover up underneath the hood.
wonder have anyone done this before, or able to help?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Firstly, there is nothing wrong in posting in your original post rather than starting all these threads (y)

But otherwise id guess the guy would probably be right, as from what i remember, theres not much room to play with on those engine bays and then you have to find somewhere to mount the transformer thingys (names gone, not the robots in disguise before anyone says it!)...

Did you take it to a mechanic or auto spark out of interest???

carslover

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
Audi a5 cabriol
i took it to a guy in crossgar, so does that mean if my headlight when off, i can't replace it?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Obviously you can, but theres not much room in general is there??!? Especially for the wiring and transformer thingy...

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Bumper removal is usually very easy anyway. Should add an extra 30mins to the job.

pablo

RMS Moderator
post a pic of the headlight areas from above.

if you can change a bulb without removing the bumper then you should be able to fit HIDs

carslover

RMS Regular
OP
C
Drives
Audi a5 cabriol
found out where to get access to the bulbs, is have to be reach by the wheel arch, so now i now how to get to the bulb without removing the bumper, but the wires is the pain now, anyone no anywhere, who can just fit those bulbs for me?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.