Z4 M Coupe

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Just looked at those links...fook me' those are dear!!

At that newer A3 money I'd be walking right by and buying a RS or RS4. Would be more fun to drive!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I have zero regrets buying my S3 and spending the money I have on it - totally worth it!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
So a fully loaded Evo 9 GT wouldnt appeal? lol!

In a choice between S3 or Evo 9, no contest for me, I would take the Audi. You know my views on Evos though.

Gary - in 18 months time I think the RS3 would be the car to buy, it's going to be fantastic.

Scirocco is only FWD, no use...I'd have the Golf R which has Haldex 4WD system, it's had rave reviews.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Boydies not a Jap lover ... so an Evo 9 probably wouldnt ... Although after being in his S3 its one seriously sharp car ... would tempt me to a quattro at some stage just an epic all round car IMO

Jason

RMS Regular
In a choice between S3 or Evo 9, no contest for me, I would take the Audi. You know my views on Evos though.

Gary - in 18 months time I think the RS3 would be the car to buy, it's going to be fantastic.

Scirocco is only FWD, no use...I'd have the Golf R which has Haldex 4WD system, it's had rave reviews.
S3 would be an absolute Z fest compared to an Evo

Jason

RMS Regular
Think your completely wrong on the image thing Graeme, take a look over on the MLR, alot of knobs on it but some very very smart people producing great cars and track times!

The image I have in my head of an S3 driver would just be of someone who couldnt afford to run an Evo or knows much about cars and wanted the soft approach.. lol

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
I'm going by what I see regularly on our shores though, not owners in England/Scotland/Wales.

Granted not all owners here are like that, but unfortunately the majority are in my experience, especially in the more affordable models.

Jason

RMS Regular
I think the fix your looking for would be sorted by a properly prepped Evo, would certainly teach you some manners on the track.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Horses for courses jas!

What people expect to see driving particular cars doesn't affect my car choice. It's not often a teacher rocks up to work in an evo lol

Funny thing is, it's mostly S3 owners that wanted to race me' when in my evo's and focus :confounded: I would have put them down as being more mature owners

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
I don't doubt for a second that an Evo is a cracking car dynamically, but I couldn't own one...a hooker could give me the ride of my life, but I wouldn't want to go out with her or introduce her to my friends! :p

I do like the Evo X RS, the one Jonny from AI has is lovely...I could drive one of those.

I tell you what I did see the other day that I liked, a white Impreza hatch at the Maxol filling station opposite the Scirocco works. Looked proper mean...

p 5ary

RMS Regular
ive seen a blue hatch impreza and thought bloody heck photos do not do this car justice! looked great and practical

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I cant imagine Woodcutter climbing out of an Evo, no matter what bhp/what is done to it. He strikes me as a man that likes a car that carries a bit of prestige, something no mitsi evo will offer. An evo is a wannabe rally car with a plastic interior and not in the same league as a csl/rs or s audi etc. I thoroughly enjoyed the reference above to a hooker, but you wouldnt want to bring her home! Haha.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Dont insult me with this evo9 chat lol

Joking of course - lovely cars I think but wouldn't be for me at all!

scub

Banned
I'm going by what I see regularly on our shores though, not owners in England/Scotland/Wales.

Granted not all owners here are like that, but unfortunately the majority are in my experience, especially in the more affordable models.

shut it or i'll hit you over the head with my can of tennants super and set my staffy on ya :party:.
your right to a point tho. as evo prices drop and fall into the 5 or 6 grand bracket .
tbh the (also only partly correct) stereotypical image of the bmw/audi driver is a reason i'd be unlikely ever to own 1...
now its nearly 9 am. so well past time for my 1st buckfast....:cool:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I wouldn't compare an S3 and Evo at all. They may have 4wd and turbo engines, but asides from that they're totally different and aimed at entirely different markets. The person who is in the market for a luxury hatch like the S3 is hardly going to consider the more hardcore rally-inspired Evo, and vice versa.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
No more BMW's, I've had three in a row now so I think it's time for a change.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.